Value of: Tanner Jeannot to the Leafs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Don't think its a great fit for the Leafs frankly without a contract extension worked out at a reasonable number before hand. Leafs need to preserve cap space for a big offseason of decisions - his arbitration rights would complicate things.

Potential good problem to have, but not worth the acquisition cost on top of the uncertainty financially it would create for them.
He has 5 goals and 9 points it’s not like he is going to get a huge contract from arbitration.

I think he is a much better player than those numbers suggest but the arbitrator can only go off the information they have. And it’s really probably in both parties interest to work out a deal before it gets to that. Jeannot wouldn’t want to go into arbitration off a sub 10 goal season and the Preds or acquiring club don’t want him getting a deal that takes him right to UFA

Reactions: Marner4Life

GoLeafsGo96

Dec 26, 2010
He has 5 goals and 9 points it’s not like he is going to get a huge contract from arbitration.

I think he is a much better player than those numbers suggest but the arbitrator can only go off the information they have. And it’s really probably in both parties interest to work out a deal before it gets to that. Jeannot wouldn’t want to go into arbitration off a sub 10 goal season and the Preds or acquiring club don’t want him getting a deal that takes him right to UFA

They go off career numbers too, not just most recent season, and the lack of term would be challenging for the Leafs given all the big guys they need to sign again coming soon.

IE) signing him to a two year bridge and then having him ask for 6M+ on his next deal after rebounding isn't great for Toronto.

Its complicated because his archetype is going to ensure he gets paid > simple counting stats, and rightfully so I guess. I just think coupled with the acquisition cost likely being high (for similar reasons) - there is a fair amount of uncertainty there.

If he would sign a reasonable long-term deal I would assume Nashville wouldn't trade him TBH.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
About 4 games in? No it takes us the full length of a series to lose in new and heart breaking ways thank you very much.

We haven’t actually been swept in the playoffs since 1981.
This is this generation’s Leafs Stanley Cup.

Please point out the 4 game post season youre speaking about.

If you want to trash the Leafs, fine, but be honest. It's pretty pathetic to just make things up.
Is this really the particular Participation Trophy you want to be reamed on today? Please be very careful because the next post you make might invite the scorn you are so dreadfully inviting and asking for.

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
Maple leafs are the most powerful and most wealthy ice hockey organization in the world. Money is not an issue. Its luxury all day . The leafs get who they want and do whatever they like

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
This is this generation’s Leafs Stanley Cup.

Is this really the particular Participation Trophy you want to be reamed on today? Please be very careful because the next post you make might invite the scorn you are so dreadfully inviting and asking for.
So you make an factuality incorrect post and when it’s pointed out your response is to vaguely threaten someone lol

Oh you’re soooo edgy lol

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
So you make an factuality incorrect post and when it’s pointed out your response is to vaguely threaten someone lol

Oh you’re soooo edgy lol
Call us back when you’ve won a Playoff Series in oh, give or take twenty years.

Serious question. Is it safe to say the Leafs will go, at a minimum, sixty years between Cups? I think that’s Gretzkyesque Greatness on a franchise level. A true record no other franchise in any major sport that represents a major sports market will ever hope to attain.

Only to Leafs fans are legitimate acknowledgements of reality “vague threats.” There’s nothing vague here, the Leafs and every single Leafs fan should know better than to call out the Playoff struggles of any other team. Ever. Yet here we are.

Last edited:

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
If barashev gets a former 1st round prospect, I think Nashville can do the same here. But it doesn't seem like they are motivated to sell him so the offer has to be higher.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Wow so original. That’s it? That’s the best you could come up with little edge lord?
It’s okay you’re triggered. We’ll see if it matters in the Playoffs. Based on reality we can all assume you’ll be left waiting once again. We’re only going on most of our lifetimes. Like, literally, the Leafs are 0-for most HFBoards posters lifetimes.

Edge that.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Kings could use a big upgrade on Lemieux. What do the Preds need? I don’t think the Kings are moving their 1st this year unless it’s for a top 4 LD, but I could see one of our better prospects like Pinelli, Laferriere, Fagemo, etc being part of the package. Off the roster, we’ve got some up and coming players who deserve bigger roles somewhere in Kupari, JAD, etc too.

I’m guessing his value is similar to Arvidsson’s when we traded for him? 2 x 2nd round picks or a late 1st?

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
It’s okay you’re triggered. We’ll see if it matters in the Playoffs. Based on reality we can all assume you’ll be left waiting once again. We’re only going on most of our lifetimes. Like, literally, the Leafs are 0-for most HFBoards posters lifetimes.

Edge that.
Lol I’m triggered? Your the one who had to resort to vague threats. I find your little try hard bit hilarious, just not for the reasons you want.

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Lol I’m triggered? Your the one who had to resort to vague threats. I find your little try hard bit hilarious, just not for the reasons you want.
Again there’s nothing vague and I’m not threatening anything. I’m promising to make sure every post in this thread from a Leafs fan about any other teams Playoff prospects will be spun to remind Leafs fans who they are and who they’ve always been.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Again there’s nothing vague and I’m not threatening anything. I’m promising to make sure every post in this thread from a Leafs fan about any other teams Playoff prospects will be spun to remind Leafs fans who they are and who they’ve always been.
Haha look at you saving the world one post at a time. Congrats little guy

Reactions: OVO16

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Jeannot is a guy who a team will overpay for, he makes a ton of sense for Edmonton or Toronto

I would think a first plus, but considering his age and game style maybe the Leafs would move Knies for him
I think he is definitely the kind of guy teams will overpay for.
I wouldn’t trade Knies for him but that’s really only cause we need players on ELC’s to make our cap situation work and he is the closest forward prospect we have.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
I really hope the Leafs get Jeannot if hes availible. That being said I think they target either Jensen, Gavrikov, or Schenn.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Jeannot should be more valuable currently but I think Trenin is actually better (most Preds fans probably lean toward Jeannot). Wouldn't look to trade either without a really enticing offer though.
I think Trenin is a little better too… better hands and creativity that hasn’t really been tapped yet. Just he looks a little more plodding out there sometimes where Jeannot can be more energetic. But it’s all just a look. Trenin is actually very consistent and gives a great effort, he’s the Yak on the Herd Line, just an unmovable force.

And there’s some chance he could be more available than Jeannot since he’ll be UFA after next season, plus we suspect after the last round of contract negotiations and arbitration he may be very inclined to test the market.

I have no problem whatsoever imagining Trenin repeating a 17-goal season. I’d be surprised if Jeannot gets that again. Even though I love Jeannot too.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Edge that.
xzycuhn2wqa81.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad