Proposal: Tampa - New Jersey

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Agreed, but the kings got a handshake deal from vinny that he was retiring.

So anything's possible.

It was just that a hand shake deal that means nothing. If he would have changed his mind nothing could be done from the team stand point. Very risky in this and most situations

Chez Weber

King of the North
Jun 27, 2011
Montreal
Hall
Palmieri
Henrique
Zajac
Cammalleri
Boucher
DSP
Bennett
Blandisi
Josefson

Those are our expansion eligible forwards, I think I got them all. They are probably also in relative order of how we'd keep them.

I'd value pretty much all of the guys we'd have to expose because of this trade higher than a 2nd and Filppula's contract.

So DSP is more valuable than Bennett :amazed:

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
So DSP is more valuable than Bennett :amazed:

Right now, DSP is more valuable to the Devils than Bennett. That certainly can change, especially if Bennett stays healthy this year.

DSP came in and fit like a glove here after the TDL. Bennett has yet to play with anyone here and has a lengthy injury history. Hell, we probably gave up more for DSP than Bennett so that speaks for value.

Blitzago*

Dec 11, 2015
his NMC would be void once if he accepts to be dealt. So from the devil's POV they would not have to waste a protection spot on him.

No clue why the player would waive though

This is completely wrong, even if he waives it to get traded, it is still intact once the trade is complete.

I wish people would understand this rule by now, its brought up in almost every thread.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
Right now, DSP is more valuable to the Devils than Bennett. That certainly can change, especially if Bennett stays healthy this year.

DSP came in and fit like a glove here after the TDL. Bennett has yet to play with anyone here and has a lengthy injury history. Hell, we probably gave up more for DSP than Bennett so that speaks for value.

I agree DSP is more valuable.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
What would Tampa fans want in return for Garrison + Namestnikov + cap dump (Filpula, anyone else) to New Jersey.
Realistically.

Realistically unless Callahan was the dump we couldn't do this deal as Namestnikov is our planned replacement for Filppula. It would leave us with horrific center depth behind Stamkos and Johnson so our requested return would have to include a young, talented, inexpensive two-way center who can effectively play in either an offensive 2C role or a shutdown 3C one - in other words Namestnikov.

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
Two trade proposals here:

To NJ:
Filppula + 2017 2nd + 2018 2nd

To TBL:
2017 4th

To NJ:
Filppula + Namestnikov

To TBL:
Sergei Kalinin + 2017 3rd round pick

Would either work? for TBL fans? As an NJD fan, I'd take both.

Last edited:

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005

To NJ:

To TBL:
2017 4th

To NJ:
Filppula + Namestnikov

To TBL:

Easy yes to the first one. On the second, does Namestnikov need protecting?

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Go and read my post.

I pretty explicitly said I was listing all of NJ's expansion draft eligible forwards. Leaving Josefson out doesn't really accomplish that, does it? I figured most people can count to 7 or figure out that when I said "pretty much all", I didn't mean "every single person on this list even though its more than 7 people". My mistake there, I guess.

Heck, go and read any of my posts in this topic and you can pretty clearly see my reasoning. I've been blatantly clear on this topic and provided my reasoning multiple times, so give reading a try.

lol that's a lot of words just to not answer my question.

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
lol that's a lot of words just to not answer my question.

If that didn't answer your question, you have some issues.

Really not sure how much clearer it can be. I'll try again, I guess. Let me know which step you get stumped on.

1) I wanted to list all expansion eligible forwards.
2) Josefson is an expansion eligible forward.
3) Therefore, I listed Josefson.

Three steps is tough to follow but hopefully we can do it with some hard work!

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
If that didn't answer your question, you have some issues.

Really not sure how much clearer it can be. I'll try again, I guess. Let me know which step you get stumped on.

1) I wanted to list all expansion eligible forwards.
2) Josefson is an expansion eligible forward.
3) Therefore, I listed Josefson.

Three steps is tough to follow but hopefully we can do it with some hard work!

Lol I hope you're having fun being a needless goon. I no longer know what you're talking about, that's the only issue.

The only relevance Josefson's expansion eligibility has here is whether or not you'd protect him over Filppula. If you would, you're delusional. If you wouldn't, it's a moot point. Your original qualm with acquiring Filppula in the first place was losing a protection spot - after which you listed Josefson because you felt like it I guess. I don't see the connection - protect Filppula and either lose Josefson or don't. One is clearly the better player, and you get a free 2nd round pick.

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
Lol I hope you're having fun being a needless goon. I no longer know what you're talking about, that's the only issue.

The only relevance Josefson's expansion eligibility has here is whether or not you'd protect him over Filppula. If you would, you're delusional. If you wouldn't, it's a moot point. Your original qualm with acquiring Filppula in the first place was losing a protection spot - after which you listed Josefson because you felt like it I guess. I don't see the connection - protect Filppula and either lose Josefson or don't. One is clearly the better player, and you get a free 2nd round pick.

hence the ****ing reason I wrote:

"pretty much all" = not everyone on the list

not

"all" = everyone on the list

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
Soooo. those trade proposals. do they work for TBL?

To NJ:

To TBL:
2017 4th

To NJ:
Filppula + Namestnikov

To TBL:

Group Chat Legend*

To NJ:

To TBL:
2017 4th

To NJ:
Filppula + Namestnikov

To TBL:

doubt Tampa lowers Namesntikov's value with Filpulla.. thats pretty chrap what you have offered

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

To NJ:

To TBL:
2017 4th

To NJ:
Filppula + Namestnikov

To TBL:

Neither work. We don't need to trade Filpulla that bad. We will wait till next offseason and see if we can move him then when he has 1 year left on his deal. There might be teams who don't have a 7th forward to protect who might want Filppula.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Hell no. No shot we are taking on a forward that will need to be protected just for a 2nd round pick. We don't even have a forward slot to spare.

I doubt any team would go for this. Protection slots will be worth more to most teams.

I'm sitting here flabbergasted at your ability to interpret "pretty much all" as the opposite of "all" :laugh:

If I wrote "all", it would have meant that I had a problem exposing every single person on that list for just a 2nd.

Amazingly, I didn't write that. I wrote "pretty much all" meaning there's at least one person (hint: see bottom of list) that I would be okay exposing for a 2nd.

Please let me know if you want me to map it out for you again. English is really hard so I'm here to help.

Eric Sachs ladies and gentlemen.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016

To NJ:

To TBL:
2017 4th

To NJ:
Filppula + Namestnikov

To TBL:

Yes to the first, no to the second. Namestnikov will be Filppula's replacement so moving him isn't an option for us at this point (and given his potential not something we would want to do even if we could.)

Hally BlackWood

Jul 31, 2010
Thunder Bay
Filppula and a 2nd is good value. He'd make us a better team today, and is the type of dynamic puck carrier we could use. Would have no problem exposing DSP, Josefson, Bennett, Blandisi if it meant keeping Filppula. Plus we get a 2nd rounder for a 4th rounder? Easy call for this devils fan.

no way. Hes 32 years old coming off a crappy point production year at a high price tag. What else are you going to get with that second round pick. Dsp, Bennet and Blandisi is about what you hope out of a second round pick. There all young and have shown some ability at the nhl level why not just see what we have in one of them.

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
Eric Sachs ladies and gentlemen.

Your logic is really just brilliant. Like, it shocks me every time how truly poor it is :laugh:

You get to protect 7 forwards.

Josefson was the 10th name on that list.

As it stands, taking Fillipula doesn't mean Josefson is exposed. It means names higher up on the list are exposed (because 10 > 7). These are all players who I value more than a 2nd at this time. This is why I wouldn't do the trade (see: first post quoted).

If it were Josefson that would be exposed as a result of this trade, I would do this trade (see: second post quoted). Unfortunately, it's not.. because he is the 10th name on that list and 10 is more than 7.

Somehow you're confusing reality for a hypothetical situation that isn't even close to existing. Tough stuff.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011

To NJ:

To TBL:
2017 4th

To NJ:
Filppula + Namestnikov

To TBL:

No to both. Filppula is not that bad and salary isn't either. Wins faceoffs and is good defensively.
2nd round picks can be golden, look at Kucherov.
We probably wait until the TDL and try to trade him then to a team heading to playoffs who needs a good center.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad