GDT: Tampa @ Leafs 7:30pm Oct 21st 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Honestly I’m starting to miss Jarnkrok. Playoff ghosting aside he’d look good on Line 3, Tavares has historically done real well with grinders but at his age that might not matter anymore.
The sad thing is Tavares isnt "that old"

Malkin
Crosby
Stamkos
Kopitar
Giroux
OV

They were all older than Tavares in 2021-2023 period Im pretty sure and were much much better players

Tavares looks like he has a degenerative body that is declining so quick compared to all other guys from 04-10 draft classes

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Well, it might amaze people to know that in terms of Amazon user transactions, Canada is third in the world, just ahead of the entire U.K. We are way behind the U.S numbers of course, but there is real potential here.

Canada is 6th in Amazon Prime, so, there is big upside potential. I think approx. 15M Amazon Prime in Canada. So, you do the math if they increase the annual price by $20, that's $300M alone per year. Not even including the increase to retail sales which probably increase significantly with more users and Prime benefits. They then have ad revenue they can generate, on and on.

I just don't see Rogers giving up NHL rights very easily. Amazon may be forced to accept buying 8-15 games a year and an inflated rate but who knows.

I am certain that Rogers would have negotiated a "first bid" trigger at the expiration of their current NHL rights contract but I dont know for certain.

Know how ticked off people will be if Rogers sells 15 games?

Rogers would be better off forming a new sports company. Taking it public like in NY. Letting Amazon buy the Leafs games and buy some off of them for simulcast.

Reactions: Leafsfan74

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga

Malkin
Crosby
Stamkos
Kopitar
Giroux
OV

They were all old in 2021-2023 period Im pretty sure adn were much much netyer players

Tavares looks like he has a degenerative body that is declining so quick compared to all other guys from 04-10 draft classes

For as much as a health nut as he is you’d think he’d be aging better.

Reactions: hamzarocks

Blanka

Mar 27, 2013
Had hopes for Nicky Bobby but he's just kind of there.
1000007549.gif

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009

Malkin
Crosby
Stamkos
Kopitar
Giroux
OV

They were all older than Tavares in 2021-2023 period Im pretty sure and were much much better players

Almost all those players have something in common. They are mostly all great skaters

Tavares was never a good skater and with age you are only becoming slower to compound that issue

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Know how ticked off people will be if Rogers sells 15 games?

Rogers would be better off forming a new sports company. Taking it public like in NY. Letting Amazon buy the Leafs games and buy some off of them for simulcast.

Sure, there are endless models that could theoretically work.

One thing is certain, they overpaid last time putting immense faith in an app/sports package if I remember correctly and it just didn't fly.

Amazon Prime could definitely work for Canadians who like "value" as money is tight, and, Amazon is driven to increase their cyclical revenue and Prime Video numbers,

Reactions: thewave

9Iron

Nov 25, 2009
Well, it might amaze people to know that in terms of Amazon user transactions, Canada is third in the world, just ahead of the entire U.K. We are way behind the U.S numbers of course, but there is real potential here.

Canada is 6th in Amazon Prime, so, there is big upside potential. I think approx. 15M Amazon Prime in Canada. So, you do the math if they increase the annual price by $20, that's $300M alone per year. Not even including the increase to retail sales which probably increase significantly with more users and Prime benefits. They then have ad revenue they can generate, on and on.

I just don't see Rogers giving up NHL rights very easily. Amazon may be forced to accept buying 8-15 games a year at an inflated rate but who knows.

I am certain that Rogers would have negotiated a "first bid" trigger at the expiration of their current NHL rights contract but I dont know for certain.
I have no facts but 1/3 of all Canadians having Amazon Prime seems highly unlikely unless you are counting family members under 1 subscription.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Sure, there are endless models that could theoretically work.

One thing is certain, they overpaid last time putting immense faith in an app/sports package if I remember correctly and it just didn't fly.

Amazon Prime could definitely work for Canadians who like "value" as money is tight, and, Amazon is driven to increase their cyclical revenue and Prime Video numbers,

If they can stream to Euro leaf fans and US as well. Could be big viewership

Reactions: Leafsfan74

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
Young Bobby for sure, not the older name-forgetting version that I started to pity later on. Still, the man is a legend.

"And the Edmonton player picks off the puck". Yeah probably should have retired 10 years earlier. Still loved him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad