GDT: Tampa @ Canes

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
To win a cup we need Svech to develop that killer goal scorer's instinct, and we need him to not have an ACL tear. We need a second goal first guy and we need him to not have an Achilles tear.

End of the day, there's only so much you can do when two of your most talented forwards go down.
I get Pacioretty but Dundell and the borg can't use Svech's injury as an excuse

Reactions: zman77

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Sadly It would not surprise me if we find the Rangers in the first round. If that's the case... sheesh good luck to this canes squad.
No reason with the schedule upcoming they shouldn’t win the division 5-4 record should secure it

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
I choose realism. As in, we're going to have the same problems next season, and we'll go into the trade deadline with the same or similar excuse to do exclusively moneypuck type moves.
On average a team is only going to win a cup every 32 years. It's really hard and a lot of things have to go exactly right.

Being competitive is all you can ask. If you're competitive, you can live in hope of a run where everything goes right. Choose hope.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Honestly, I don't expect them to make it out of the first round in the playoffs. I don't know where the goals are going to come from and the goalies just aren't good enough.

This is a wasted season with the injuries we have, but I hope it gives the front office a little more urgency to make this happen, because the good times aren't going to last forever.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I'm not going to beat the horse to death regarding the TDL but the FO needs to address the lack of goal-scoring this offseason.

Reactions: Sigurd

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
On average a team is only going to win a cup every 32 years. It's really hard and a lot of things have to go exactly right.

Being competitive is all you can ask. If you're competitive, you can live in hope of a run where everything goes right. Choose hope.
I enjoy being relevant. It certainly does beat the Dark Ages of this franchise. I'm just starting to kind of get Barry Trotz in Nashville vibes from this team. We play very sound, fundamental hockey. But when we predictably can't score it wears on you.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Honestly, I don't expect them to make it out of the first round in the playoffs. I don't know where the goals are going to come from and the goalies just aren't good enough.

This is a wasted season with the injuries we have, but I hope it gives the front office a little more urgency to make this happen, because the good times aren't going to last forever.
Eh, if we can clean up down the stretch we've got against weaker teams and win the Metro I think we can handle the Isles or Pens pretty handily even in our diminished state. Once you hit the Rangers or the Devils, it gets dicey. Maybe we get past the Devils due to their playoff inexperience. But then you're hitting the Bruins in all likelihood, and I don't see any chance of getting by them this year.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022

They can beat the islanders but it won’t be easy sorokin can steal games very easily. Might almost be better to matchup against Pittsburgh with their uncertainty in net

Reactions: zman77 and Wolfpuck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad