Tampa Bay @ Carolina: Nine-Nine!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I figured now is as good a time as any to throw my hat into the GDT-making ring.

JoyousNeighboringBats-size_restricted.gif

So last game was interesting. We played a good game. Honestly, probably our best 60-minute effort of the playoffs thus far. But a hot goalie, a bad PP and a weak goal against and we lose 2-1.

tumblr_inline_p8kherZYRX1vypzh3_1280.gif

But that's in the past. It's done, it's over with, no use worrying about what might have been. Focus on winning tonight's game. Take it one game at a time. Because they're not just playing for the Canes fans anymore. They're playing for every bandwagoner, opposing-jersey wearer, and cap compliance fanatic out there in the hockey world.

brooklyn-nine-nine-gif-1.gif

We need contributions from everyone. Ned, Staal, Hamilton, Svech, Aho, TT, every single player needs to play the game of their career, because going down 2-0 is not where you want to be against this Lightning team.

Canes, after a VERY long drought, you've finally found your way out of the muck and have become a consistent playoff team. Now it's time to take the next step. Become the Cup contender we know you can be. Don't crush these hopes before they even begin.

tumblr_7326acd4a14c82ed0f8a9f997738a47a_cf96c5ba_500.gif (1).gif

Go Canes and NINE-NINE!

Attachments

• tumblr_inline_p8kherZYRX1vypzh3_1280.gif
    tumblr_inline_p8kherZYRX1vypzh3_1280.gif
    3.5 MB · Views: 1

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
IMHO Ned is a great goalie bue he isnt an Elite playoff goalie. Mrazek and Reimer are, and I dont envision Ned outplaying Fleury or Price.

Elite is a strong word to use for any of our goalies. We have a collection of good to very good (at time) goalies that rotated throughout the season, and it worked quite well. We're rolling with the stand out from that rotation which is Ned. Mrazek was injured for a long time and rusty going into the playoffs. Fitting him in now could back fire big time. Same with Reimer. He got a lot more starts than Mrazek, and played good but I certainly wouldn't trust him over Ned.

Ned's had a few softies here and there, but he's made some hella-great saves to keep them in it. Our forwards have to show up eventually. You can't beat Tampa with 1 goal.

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia
Now is the winter of our discontent
Made glorious summer by this sun of York;
And all the clouds that lour'd upon our house
In the deep bosom of the ocean buried.
Now are our brows bound with victorious wreaths;
Our bruised arms hung up for monuments;
Our stern alarums changed to merry meetings,
Our dreadful marches to delightful measures.
Grim-visaged war hath smooth'd his wrinkled front

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Elite is a strong word to use for any of our goalies. We have a collection of good to very good (at time) goalies that rotated throughout the season, and it worked quite well. We're rolling with the stand out from that rotation which is Ned. Mrazek was injured for a long time and rusty going into the playoffs. Fitting him in now could back fire big time. Same with Reimer. He got a lot more starts than Mrazek, and played good but I certainly wouldn't trust him over Ned.

Ned's had a few softies here and there, but he's made some hella-great saves to keep them in it. Our forwards have to show up eventually. You can't beat Tampa with 1 goal.
I think Ned is as close to Elite as we are going to see here for a while. He's also still basically a rookie, and has room to improve his game. He's more than capable of stealing a series and absolutely distanced himself on our own internal depth chart from Mrazek and Reimer this year. He's earned the playing time he's received in these playoffs, and we'll be better off with him over the long haul.

Last game he let in one borderline bad goal. It happens. We are going to need our offense to get more than 1 past Vasi on any game if we hope to win. Especially when we dominate play like we did.

I think the biggest issue with our team in these playoffs is that our best players just are nowhere to be found. Outside of Game 6 against Nashville (to be fair, a pretty key moment to show up), Dougie and Aho have been absent these playoffs. Svech, Turbo, and Trocheck have apparently completely ghosted on the team this postseason, and don't really appear to care to show up. Like, we are already going to have our hands full with a team like Tampa, but without any of those guys showing up, we'll be cooked before it gets going.

Tonight is a must win. We go to Tampa down 0-2, we get swept. Our biggest game of the year so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad