Prospect Info: Syracuse Crunch, Orlando Solar Bears & Prospects

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
The ECHL's PR guy, Joe Babik, speculated on the Everblades broadcast that he thinks the ECHL could get to 32 teams over the next 4-5 years.

There's a lot more versatility in where you can put an ECHL team, but every division in the ECHL right now is 7 teams, except for the Mountain Division, which is 8 teams.

The northeast could honestly use another team. There's enough NHL and AHL teams to justify it. NYR are affiliated with Bloomington, IL. Ottawa are affiliated with Allen, TX.

Albany, Binghamton, and Manchester, NH could work. There's been rumors of Ontario getting a team, but it's a tough market for anyone not named the Leafs.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

Me, every year seeing minor leaguers getting sold on Orlando.
Cdr5nPw.jpeg

It might even eventually work.

Last edited:

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Well one thing is for sure, the Crunch are gonna be a hell of a fun team to watch this year
I wish I had your hope.

As of right now, the forward group seems to be often injured vets and young players learning to play against much bigger and more experienced opponents. While many AHL rosters carry that same outlook, we have brought back two players who are supposed to add leadership yet have not led the Crunch to the next level despite being here a number of years. I would have preferred new veteran players, but fan favorites are fan favorites regardless of the level of the league.

Defense looks better following the signing over the last couple of days.

Goaltending is still questionable as to who is number one. Hopefully, one of the goaltenders takes the reins and opts to carry the rest of the team on his back as he clearly takes over the top spot.

Until Tampa Bay sets its roster, Crunch fans can speculate who will be here on two way and NHL contracts and see how those potential players mesh with the Crunch contracts on paper.

As we have seen so many times in the past, once the annual injury bug hits both organizations, all bets are off and Orlando as well as other ECHL teams will see players heading to Syracuse to fill the Crunch roster as players are called up to Tampa Bay to fill out the Lightning's.

The thrill and challenges of minor league hockey!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad