GDT: Switzerland - Latvia

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
Well I really hope Slovakia beats USA in QF, otherwise I will be very mad :D

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013
Goal for Switzerland. It will be now very difficult for Latvia. I really had indulged them the QF qualification. But I'm afraid now they won't get it.

LKI

May 15, 2016
Jūrmala
Swiss playing so much better offensively considering how they played against Slovakia its not even funny,

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Are the Swiss going to pull goalie if it's 2 - 2? I mean it's in the interest of hockey and IIHF to have Slovakia in the QF and Latvia out. We have three times their population and are thus a much larger potential market for hockey.

If the NHL's policies are anything to go by, there's a much greater interest in growing the sport in less involved markets. They gain nothing from success in places where hockey is already as popular as it could be

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
that would be the most Slovakian way ever to reach the QF, I've never seen a national team in any sport that has been as unimpressive and yet always manage to skate by as Slovakian Men's Ice Hockey

Between 2008 and 2019, Slovakia only made the quarterfinals once, and finished 9th five times within six years. So not sure how they always "manage". It's quite the opposite. But losing against Kazakhstan, they deserve to miss the quarterfinals this year.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
If Latvia make it through I think I still have a small drop of Balzams in my cupboard I will drink in their honour

Reactions: Guttersniped

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad