Suspended: Spezza 6 games (Reduced to 4 games) | Pionk 2 games

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bigbabybuda

Feb 19, 2014
Canada
It's a fuc*** joke. Hes be in the league for nearly 20 years and never been suspended and you give him 6 games. I dont like hits to the head as much as anyone but kneeing someone knee to knee is just as dangerous to end someone career which is evident by the amount of time both players will be out.

The refs are the ones who should be disciplined. It's the same exact same thing as when Kadri last hot suspend with us. At some point if they're allowing one team to just intentionally injure players without repercussions someone is gonna do something g to stop it. I dont blame spezza.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
The penalty handed down here is definitely more harsh than I'd have expected. We'll see if the appeal changes anything.

Pete2000

Nov 10, 2019
Just expressing gratitude and admiration is enough of a gesture, throwing him the equivlant of a quarter is meaningless and I can't see Spezza accpeting it.

I remember what my mama always told me. ‘it’s the thought that counts, petey.’ This sentiment has always held me in good stead

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
I have no defense for what Spezza did. The intention seemed obvious.

There seems to be a recent pattern: Leafs' players get targeted, Leafs push back and get much worse penalties. I'm not even sure historically it's necessarily a Leafs' thing. It's been the cement head hockey way to allow the aggressing team leeway to push past the line only to start calling the penalties after the other team starts pushing back.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
I remember what my mama always told me. ‘it’s the thought that counts, petey.’ This sentiment has always held me in good stead

Yeah, so just telling him what you think is enough or the team can take him out to dinner or something.

But collecting money to replace a paltry amount for him? meh...

Stonehands 1

Another Penalty!!!!!!!!!
Jan 15, 2021
Newmarket
I have no defense for what Spezza did. The intention seemed obvious.

There seems to be a recent pattern: Leafs' players get targeted, Leafs push back and get much worse penalties. I'm not even sure historically it's necessarily a Leafs' thing. It's been the cement head hockey way to allow the aggressing team leeway to push past the line only to start calling the penalties after the other team starts pushing back.
There is no excuse, the refs just had the leafs seeing red, nonsensical calls, the leafs had seen this gong show before and were not going to take it

Reactions: Eric Bungay

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Absolutely ridiculous that Spezza gets 6 games and Lemieux gets 5 games for BITING!! What is this WWE. Joke of a league. Leafs should appeal this. Spezza has no history of dirty play.

capfit9

Oct 29, 2009
Apparently biting is more a hockey play than what Spezza did according to the mutt running player safety.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad