TV: Survivor: Season 47 - Fall 2024

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
I'd like to clarify in my ranting that 42 and 44 were entertaining as hell almost from start to finish and were shining lights despite any fault in Survivor's format at the time. Like Hai, Omar and Jonathan are musts in returning players and the ballad of the Tika 3 was amazing because the other tribes were so cut throat and you were ready for chaos if anyone but Tika lost. But most other seasons? Yeah, the game didn't breathe until the merge and then it was FAAARRRRR better. It's really hard to watch a Lulu, Ua and Yanu or not being able to tell you the other 2 players Gabler was with in 43 because of a far less memorable post merge.
this post might as well have been written in Chinese, that's how little of it I could follow. When people start listing seasons by number and the names of players I have no clue who they are talking about lol.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I'm 54 and of course could tell that she looked much older than 45, but I wonder if young people can really tell the difference between 45 and 60. To them, every one over 40 might be ancient and all look the same.
Maybe her cosmetic work looks even better in person than on TV and she can actually fool some of them (I doubt it). I have a feeling though that she'll probably say something that will tip them off to her real age even if they don't notice it by her looks.

In her bio she talks about her daughter who was 30 during Season 45, and that she started her pilot school in her 50's so I'm sure that she probably slipped up when talking about her family.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'm 54 and of course could tell that she looked much older than 45, but I wonder if young people can really tell the difference between 45 and 60. To them, every one over 40 might be ancient and all look the same.
I’m roughly half that age, and I think most in like an 18-33 range can tell the differences and can guess someone’s age, give or take like five years.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

These Are The Days

I need about tree fiddy
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Oh my God they're gonna consolidate the tribes into 2 groups of 7. Thank you Jesus!!!! I don't hate New Era but my God do I hate watching 3 and 4 people vote on like day 9 over and over and over and over. They should have been doing this the entire time. In both seasons of Brains, Beauty, Brawn they had the sense to do this with 14 players. If they ever let a "tribe" get to 3 players again they need to scrap the 6 vs 6 vs 6 format

Thank you thank you thank you thank you THANK YOU for not making me sit through another Ua, Tika, Lulu and Yanu

47 is trying to become a GOAT

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Oh my God they're gonna consolidate the tribes into 2 groups of 7. Thank you Jesus!!!! I don't hate New Era but my God do I hate watching 3 and 4 people vote on like day 9 over and over and over and over. They should have been doing this the entire time. In both seasons of Brains, Beauty, Brawn they had the sense to do this with 14 players. If they ever let a "tribe" get to 3 players again they need to scrap the 6 vs 6 vs 6 format

Thank you thank you thank you thank you THANK YOU for not making me sit through another Ua, Tika, Lulu and Yanu

47 is trying to become a GOAT
Love your passion and I agree with everything you're saying really. I hope they scrap the 3 x 6 tribes. So dumb. I'm just glad that there's not one tribe getting shit on so far this season. Way better to watch competitive tribes go at it as opposed to one just getting dunked on every time.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Love your passion and I agree with everything you're saying really. I hope they scrap the 3 x 6 tribes. So dumb. I'm just glad that there's not one tribe getting shit on so far this season. Way better to watch competitive tribes go at it as opposed to one just getting dunked on every time.
I like the big messy early votes. OK occasionally it goes like 9-1, or like 7-2-1 with an idol backup, but most times you get just rando chaos votes that can be fun. Wish they'd go back to 10-10 starters.

These Are The Days

I need about tree fiddy
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I'm actually okay with 3 x 6. It is cleaner to start with and forces a lot of early strategy. What is don't like is what you just said and seeing a player who would be a 1st boot on any season basically get carried to the merge on a strong team while a weak tribe with good players is repeatedly eaten every episode. Put Liz on last year's Yanu team instead of Jess and she goes home 1st or 2nd. But she made final 4...

What's ironic is this season out of any could have been left alone and been great TV but every other season that needed the tribes to go from 3 to 2 was left alone

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad