HF Habs: Sun. July 14: Euro Finals - Spain vs England, 3 p.m. | TSN, TSN+, TVA Sports ||| Copa America Finals: Argentina vs Colombia, 8 p.m. | CTV2, RDS, FOX

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

atrud66

Tank Tabarnack
Aug 5, 2014
Edmonton
I'm so f***ing pumped for Copa America!

Canada's friendly against France was encouraging. Cornelius and Bombito are starting to form a really solid partnership in the back. Koné's proving he can play like a Champions Leeague level midfielder.

The attackers need to wake up though. Don't think Larin fits in this system. David needs to be more decisive for Canada against the stronger teams. Tajon's been pretty bad the last few games for Canada. Needs to regain his 1v1 dribbles.

Let's see if Davies can lead this team. Does the captaincy mean more hero bal? Personally thought Eustaquio as captain was a no-brainer.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I'm so f***ing pumped for Copa America!

Canada's friendly against France was encouraging. Cornelius and Bombito are starting to form a really solid partnership in the back. Koné's proving he can play like a Champions Leeague level midfielder.

The attackers need to wake up though. Don't think Larin fits in this system. David needs to be more decisive for Canada against the stronger teams. Tajon's been pretty bad the last few games for Canada. Needs to regain his 1v1 dribbles.

Let's see if Davies can lead this team. Does the captaincy mean more hero bal? Personally thought Eustaquio as captain was a no-brainer.

Sometimes it feels like Davies is wasted on defense

Reactions: 26Mats

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Geezuz, Serbia scored on the final play of the game in injury time - a corner kick. Unbelievable. So much trash on the field from Serbia fans on that corner, too because they weren't happy with Slovenia's time wasting.

1-1 final between Serbia and Slovenia. Serbia's point keeps them in the tournament for another game.

LPHabsFan

Jul 14, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Sometimes it feels like Davies is wasted on defense
A lot of that boils down to competition. We're looking at two games against two of the top teams in the league (and another one tonight) where he has gone up against two of of the best wingers in the world. You also can't compare the CB's he's used to playing with at Bayern to those of TC. Once we start playing against lesser competition, I think he'll be able to push forward a bit more.

I just want him to not play like he's a 9 year old superstar who thinks he can get through an entire team and invariably ends up losing the ball because he's done that a lot.

I'm really hoping we see more of Tani Time because I think his speed and ability to stretch out the back and mid line of the opposing team is very much needed and something that Larin doesn't have. This supports David's strengths as he likes to drop a bit and almost act like a 10.

With Kone, it's all mental. In the first half against France, he had trouble maintaining focus, which meant he was reacting way too late plays. Once he focused, he was a much different player.

I'm obviously expecting a loss tonight because Argentina are who they are. But I'd like to at least see some solid structure and play generation. I also hope they don't go full on press as just like with the Netherlands, Argentina would be able to easily play out of it. A goal would be fantastic too

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
This is going so well so far lol
I'm having such a blast

To be getting chances at all vs these guys is so exciting lol, you'd think we'd be getting manhandled
This is definitely a new era. As much as soccer canada has been a garbage fire lately, we have legit players that can hang with the very best now. Maybe not BEAT the best, but we can hang.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad