Transfer: Summer transfers rumors and bickering

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yes Real are also trying to get Rabiot, which is smart. Getting such a talent for free is huge.
Of course, he could tell everyone he needs to be the highest paid player and start every game.

But yes, the interest for Ndombele is real. And smart too. Better pay 80M now than 150 in a year.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I think the Umtiti rumor's might be down to his wages as well. Of course Lenglet's season and the De Ligt rumor's probably factor in.
That makes much more sense and selling Umtiti would fund the entire de Ligt transfer as well. However, I still get the idea that you gotta play de Ligt in the #6 role on the pitch and not really at CB. If you're right and it comes down to wages', then Arsenal is a no go. Not sure if you saw the financial video explaining all the EPL teams, but Arsenal had no money to spend the last winter window is because our wage bill is out of control.

Also it should be mentioned is that Emery is very interested in Alaba as well and that is more likely to happen. Especially when there are rumours out there that Bayern have 300 million to spend this summer to rejuvenate/retool the club. With 300 million to spend and Munich wanting younger players, good chance that Alaba is on the transfer listed sheet.
Yeah, but when you consider the player's you do rate then you realize that Umtiti isn't overrated on this board. If Lucas is worth 80 million then Umtiti is worth 240 million. Of course Arsenal can **** off to the bank to get the 500 million that is Umtiti's release clause.
Holy ****, 500 million? That is the definition of insanity, of course nobody is going to pay that and if he ever moves it will be less than that like we see with 99.9% of players with absurd release clauses.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
What makes you say this?

I haven't seen this take... anywhere.

De Ligt is a CB first and foremost, but like every Ajacied he's had to learn and understand multiple positions. It's a tradition within the Ajax academy. He played seasons as a CM, DM and was often used as a pinch hitter before focussing on his primary position; CB.

Here's one of his youth goals as a #8:

Nice assist from Donyell Malen, too (Ajax - Arsenal and now PSV).
De Ligt shouldn't play anywhere else right now, though. CB is his position.

Last edited:
Reactions: les Habs

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
João Felix kinda reminds me of Dybala.

I don't quite see the resemblance. I see Felix more of a less physical Mbappe. Felix' lack of physicality is why I still have some question marks surrounding him, but he leaves me in awe in every other offensive attribute.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
I don't quite see the resemblance. I see Felix more of a less physical Mbappe. Felix' lack of physicality is why I still have some question marks surrounding him, but he leaves me in awe in every other offensive attribute.

Like Dybala, Felix is a finesse player, he's a good passer, fantastic first touch and dribbler he can place his shot anywhere he wants and both aren't very physical for strikers but also can play as winger or 10. JF is faster and more creative as a dribbler, though. It's not perfect, but I do see some of Dybala on him especially Palermo's Dybala.

Reactions: Ajacied

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Leonardo has been in talks with David Neres' agent. Milan plans to offer 50m euros for him and Neres wants to go there as well.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Arenal will sign Martinelli in 3 weeks when he gets Italien passport. Will be registered as EU player.

I imagine he goes out on loan somewhere or to the u23s.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
The best Joao Felix comparison IMO is Kaka. I don't think Dybala/Mbappe are really that similar.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Like Dybala, Felix is a finesse player, he's a good passer, fantastic first touch and dribbler he can place his shot anywhere he wants and both aren't very physical for strikers but also can play as winger or 10. JF is faster and more creative as a dribbler, though. It's not perfect, but I do see some of Dybala on him especially Palermo's Dybala.
Dybala in Pelermo was an out and out striker tho?

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
That makes much more sense and selling Umtiti would fund the entire de Ligt transfer as well. However, I still get the idea that you gotta play de Ligt in the #6 role on the pitch and not really at CB. If you're right and it comes down to wages', then Arsenal is a no go. Not sure if you saw the financial video explaining all the EPL teams, but Arsenal had no money to spend the last winter window is because our wage bill is out of control.

Also it should be mentioned is that Emery is very interested in Alaba as well and that is more likely to happen. Especially when there are rumours out there that Bayern have 300 million to spend this summer to rejuvenate/retool the club. With 300 million to spend and Munich wanting younger players, good chance that Alaba is on the transfer listed sheet.
Holy ****, 500 million? That is the definition of insanity, of course nobody is going to pay that and if he ever moves it will be less than that like we see with 99.9% of players with absurd release clauses.

Barça have plenty of players to offload and Umtiti shouldn't be one of them. Only way I'd consider letting him go is if for some reason it looks as though he'll have issues with injuries long term. Otherwise I'd keep him. Despite Lenglet's form I still don't think he's been as good as peak Umtiti has been for us. Together they give us two good left-footed CB options and are good competition for one another.

No way Bayern are selling Alaba and he'd end up elsewhere before he'd go to Arsenal. He's also only going to be 27 at the start of next season and should quite good for at least four more seasons minimum.

It's a Neymar clause. If Umtiti wanted to pull a Neymar then somebody'd have to pony up. Of course you'd have to be pretty stupid to do that unless of course you're looking for a payday.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
Juve reject Dzeko-Higuain swap?
By Football Italia staff

Roma offered Edin Dzeko to Juventus in exchange for Gonzalo Higuain, claims the Corriere di Torino, but the Bianconeri would prefer Kostas Manolas or Nicolò Zaniolo.
Higuain is currently on loan at Chelsea with option to buy after his disappointing six-month spell at Milan, but the club is not expected to make this move permanent.
With rumours rife that Maurizio Sarri will be taking over at Roma next season, Higuain could therefore follow.
The Corriere di Torino newspaper maintains Roma offered Dzeko in a swap deal, but that Juve were not interested in bringing in the Bosnian centre-forward.
If the Giallorossi were to do an exchange, the preferred candidates would be defender Manolas or creative midfielder Zaniolo.
Watch Serie A live in the UK on Premier Sports and get your first month free. £5.99 thereafter until September with promo code: ITALIA

I wouldn't know why they swap Dzeko for Higuain unless Dzeko wants out. Even then......

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I wouldn't know why they swap Dzeko for Higuain unless Dzeko wants out. Even then......
Makes no sense for Juve with Mandzukic renewal. They need to keep Kean instead of getting these dinosaurs.

Manolas would be a good 3rd/4th choice CB for them.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
Makes no sense for Juve with Mandzukic renewal. They need to keep Kean instead of getting these dinosaurs.

Manolas would be a good 3rd/4th choice CB for them.

That too, but Mandzu is no spring chicken and has been out form for more than 3 months. Either way, the swap doesn't make sense unless it is for Manolas. He could easily replace Bonucci.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
the likes of real, barca, juve, chelsea, etc caught a break today. due to rangers star striker, Alfredo Morelos', 6th red card of the season, he probably wont cost 20m to buy this summer. can probably get him at a discount now due to his poor disciplinary record.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
the likes of real, barca, juve, chelsea, etc caught a break today. due to rangers star striker, Alfredo Morelos', 6th red card of the season, he probably wont cost 20m to buy this summer. can probably get him at a discount now due to his poor disciplinary record.

Wait, 6 of the season? Not just his career?

Holy crap that’s bad.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Wait, 6 of the season? Not just his career?

Holy crap that’s bad.
apologies. its only his 5th of the season.

"I've gone above and beyond, I've backed Alfredo more than enough and I can't defend him anymore, is the reality.
"He'll be punished internally for it and we'll move forward."

-Steven Gerrard on Morelos

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
"I really like [Giorgio] Chiellini, as he is one of the best defenders in the world," he told Tuttosport. "I also appreciate [Leonardo] Bonucci, so between them they are among the best centre-backs in Europe.
"I could join them at Juventus, but we'll see at the right moment. For now, I am focused on Ajax and not my future. My agent is taking care of that."
- De Ligt

https://www.beinsports.com/us/serie-a/news/de-ligt-i-could-join-juventus-2/1152640

Last edited:

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
"I really like [Giorgio] Chiellini, as he is one of the best defenders in the world," he told Tuttosport. "I also appreciate [Leonardo] Bonucci, so between them they are among the best centre-backs in Europe.
"I could join them at Juventus, but we'll see at the right moment. For now, I am focused on Ajax and not my future. My agent is taking care of that."
Are we talking about De Ligt here? I feel like you should have provided the link or at least a name here....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad