Transfer: Summer transfers rumors and bickering

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yeah I heard I only overrated french players. But that's at best selective reading.

At LB he's above average.
Pavard is at best average at RB.

Now if both are used at CB, they are decent, but not great either.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
United want Ruben Dias and Jadon Sancho this summer. They also are thinking about adding Alderweireld to pair with Lindelof until Dias is ready. They are also looking for a new DM with Rabiot and Rakitic the two mentioned. Sancho only comes in if Alexis is solid and obviously that's difficult. Rashford is on Barca's radar but United won't let him go for even a world record fee. They are worried about DDG's new contact and if he leaves they have Oblak and Schmeichel (two polar opposites) marked as potential replacements.

Just a quick round up on rumors about United since there's always a lot.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don't think Sancho will be sold. There's no reason to sell this summer instead of the following summer.

Bayern should sell Hummels or Boateng, but they might not feel the need to after how little they spent on transfers a year ago. I think they are going to end up spending over 200M by the end of the summer window.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
United want Ruben Dias and Jadon Sancho this summer. They also are thinking about adding Alderweireld to pair with Lindelof until Dias is ready. They are also looking for a new DM with Rabiot and Rakitic the two mentioned. Sancho only comes in if Alexis is solid and obviously that's difficult. Rashford is on Barca's radar but United won't let him go for even a world record fee. They are worried about DDG's new contact and if he leaves they have Oblak and Schmeichel (two polar opposites) marked as potential replacements.

Just a quick round up on rumors about United since there's always a lot.

plz not Schmeichel. He's alright, but not close to world class and doesn't have that potential.

Oblak would be a good De gea replacement. Very close talent wise and would likely cost lest (both in terms of transfer and wages)

Reactions: Gecklund

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Standard Liege midfielder and Romanian international Razvan Marin is going to Ajax at the end of the season for €12m. Good buy for them.

What can you tell me about him? His upside and such?

Seems like he isn’t the replacement for de Jong. He’s a different type from the bits I’ve heard.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Yeah I heard I only overrated french players. But that's at best selective reading.

At LB he's above average.
Pavard is at best average at RB.

Now if both are used at CB, they are decent, but not great either.

Bayern have Alaba and Kimmich which is arguably the best LB/RB combination in the world.

Both Pavard and Hernandez were bought with the intention to mainly play CB with the added benefit of being capable backups to both Alaba/Kimmich which allows Bayern to sell Rafinha who has been our primaray RB backup in recent years.

Boateng will be sold for sure (if someone is interested and offers them say 20M+). Hummels very well could follow him out the door as well.
Hernandez will probably form a duo with Süle with Pavard /Hummels (if he stays) fighting for a spot and seeing plenty of time anyways.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
This is just spitballing and thinking of something that other people haven’t mentioned. Maybe they plan on moving Alaba into the Martinez role. Or even going 3 at the back.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yeah it's hard to project right now.

Meanwhile Real has found its new midfielder. Zidane REALLY wants a french NT player.

Not Pogba.
Not Kante.

His name is Tanguy Ndombele.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
This is just spitballing and thinking of something that other people haven’t mentioned. Maybe they plan on moving Alaba into the Martinez role. Or even going 3 at the back.

3 in the back may be an option under Kovac even though I don't see it. Atleast not permanently.

Moving Alaba is a horrible idea. He simply isn't close to as good in midfield as he is at LB. Would be stupid to move him there. Same as with Kimmich. Our braindead NT coach might be willing to do that but that does not make it a good idea.

Hernandez is what Bayern needs at CB. He has enough pace to cover for the likes of Süle/Hummels and can anchor the defensive line for the better part of the next decade.

I really don't like the price. Especially that he is getting knee surgery again now. And I would very much have preferred De Ligt. But aside from that I can't really complain. With Alaba/Hernandez/Süle/Pavard/Kimmich Bayern has one of the best defenses in the world IMO. And a very young (yet experienced) one to boot

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
What can you tell me about him? His upside and such?

Seems like he isn’t the replacement for de Jong. He’s a different type from the bits I’ve heard.

Oh yeah, he's definitely not a Frenkie type player. I'd say he is to Standard what Kevin De Bruyne is to Man City. He's a very dynamic, smart player, he can score, he can pass, he can shoot it from distance. He had to play the 6 position in some games, coincidentally those were probably his worst. He needs to be able to go forward. It's in his game. Honestly I think he'll be a great fit at Ajax. The one negative I can think of is he can disappear at times during games, like when he feels he's not having his best game it's like he shies away from the play. Other than that he's got all the tools to succeed.

Reactions: Ajacied

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
He'll cost half the price. And soon be just as good if not better.
From what I've seen he may not be more talented but I think he's more useful already. His role is becoming more and more important in modern football and he looks like a beast in playing it. I would take him at Liverpool in a heartbeat.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Barca may need to sell Umtiti or Malcom to fund de Ligt signing.

On a side note, Im still confused why more PL teams haven't gone straight for ligue 1 players. Almost all of them translate their game well. I can't remember the last big ligue 1 flop to PL.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

On a side note, Im still confused why more PL teams haven't gone straight for ligue 1 players. Almost all of them translate their game well. I can't remember the last big ligue 1 flop to PL.
I guess it depends on what you consider a flop.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Weird seeing Umtiti's name in these rumours, Barcelona's building for the future and Umtiti's age and ability would make him a mainstay.

Speculating here but it may be due to issues with his knee

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Weird seeing Umtiti's name in these rumours, Barcelona's building for the future and Umtiti's age and ability would make him a mainstay.

Speculating here but it may be due to issues with his knee
There’s is no rumour baseless speculation this is his first year of injury problems it would be beyond stupid to sell him a proven product and one of the best for De Ligt who may or may not be world class

Reactions: TheLeastOfTheBunch

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

Short memory? Thauvin, Batshuayi, Carrillo, Bakayoko (who belonged in a different league it turned out).

Flop doesn't mean bad player, as some of those names would show.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Aurier, N'Koudou, N'Jie, Stambouli, Capoue and Moura. All the players I can remember Spurs buying from L1 over the last 5-6 years.

Only Moura can be said to have been able to "translate their game". Capoue has been decent overall in England, but certainly didn't fit right in at Spurs.

Obviously none of these players are really that good - so depends on how you define "fit" I guess.

I can't be bothered to do a bigger study for all PL teams. It not working for Spurs doesn't prove much, but my gut feeling is that this is a long lasting myth from the time Wenger picked up some bargains from France.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad