Transfer: Summer transfers rumors and bickering

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
No way Bayern are selling Alaba and he'd end up elsewhere before he'd go to Arsenal.

Two weeks ago Alaba said he could imagine playing somewhere else (England or Spain), in particular at Arsenal since it's the favourite club of his childhood.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Two weeks ago Alaba said he could imagine playing somewhere else (England or Spain), in particular at Arsenal since it's the favourite club of his childhood.
Only way I see it is if he wants a challenge to play in his preferred position in mid. We have an opening with Ramsey leaving. If he doesn't want to be stuck at LB his whole career this move may be smart to make for him individually .

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Yea seeing a few random reports that's it's done already, although nothing definitive from a good source.
Yep exactly. I think there’s too much smoke for there not to be anything. I think the longer it takes for him to get a new contract the less likely it’s from United.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland

The boyhood club thing is so silly. That only goes so far. Agents, fees, and cash, along with having the CL will play more into it than boyhood supporter.

If Arsenal had CL to offer (they might) and no other top side was offering more money (in wages or fee), then he might end up there. But to think that there won't be at least two or three bigger clubs than Arsenal in the queue for him would be silly.

I also think that Bayern aren't going to let him go until they want him to go, and some of it is merely a ploy to get a new wage packet. I don't want to rain on Arsenal's parade. By all means, have sky high aspirations. But there's a reason they have Emery there, and it isn't to go out and buy at the top drawer.

I can also speak from experience having seen many of these rumors around Liverpool in the years past, only to see players like that wind up at Juve, Bayern, or Chelsea. If Umtiti or Alaba move, and I think that's a big if for both, there are going to be a host of clubs in for them.

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
I mean, if that's what you think is going to get it over the line, by all means.

No, I don't. I really don't know. On first sight there are more likely destinations, but since he has said what he has said, Arsenal seems to be very much in the mix.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
My bet is on PSG

Assuming Pogba doesn’t leave I could see the small French contingency at United working in our favor a little. Plus the fact that we’re 100% gonna have money to blow this summer. But yeah I’d say PSG or United would be the front runners imo.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Onana signed for another year this past week, taking his contract up till 2022. He also mentioned that he will definitely stay another season. I have high hopes he, van de Beek, Neres, Tadic, Dolberg, Schone, Blind and Mazraoui stay, which means it won't be the complete yard sale people expected. Not a fan of the replacements brought in so far. All the (rumored) minor transfers coming in already add up to 50M and I have slim hopes either of those (Bandé, Marin, Magallan, Alvarez) will add more than our youth will, but that's mostly from reading reports and watching highlights, so I hope to be wrong.

Tagliafico on the other hand mentioned how the time is near to make a step abroad, although it are mostly South American papers reporting such. Who's in the need for an absolutely outstanding LB out there? Eredivisie backs rarely go for the jackpot, but I figure Tagliafico could be picked up for about 30M, maybe even less when you consider that he's 26 and will likely be worth much less when he will be transferred next. For comparison sake, he's much better than Arias, who went to Atletico Madrid for a measly 12M.

Pro's:
  • As passionate as they come. Nicolas puts everything on the line.
  • A real leader, both vocal or by example.
  • Not big in size (1.70M), but feisty and wins most of his personal battles, even in the air.
  • A very aggressive, but clean tackler.
  • Has more than decent pace.
  • Great in finding combinations, also in small area's.
  • Comes up when it matters.
  • A model of consistency. He rarely makes errors. I think he's in the running for MotM every single game.
  • Not overly gifted offensively, but times his rushes well and scores easily for a back (3 goals in 7 CL games, for instance. Highest scoring back in the CL).
Cons:
  • His long ball is not always accurate. Doesn't uses it often, though.
  • While very disciplined, he often plays on or over the edge in important matches, which has me on the edge of my seat. Hasn't gotten himself a red card for Ajax so far, though.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Onana signed for another year this past week, taking his contract up till 2022. He also mentioned that he will definitely stay another season. I have high hopes he, van de Beek, Neres, Tadic, Dolberg, Schone, Blind and Mazraoui stay, which means it won't be the complete yard sale people expected. Not a fan of the replacements brought in so far. All the (rumored) minor transfers coming in already add up to 50M and I have slim hopes either of those (Bandé, Marin, Magallan, Alvarez) will add more than our youth will, but that's mostly from reading reports and watching highlights, so I hope to be wrong.

Tagliafico on the other hand mentioned how the time is near to make a step abroad, although it are mostly South American papers reporting such. Who's in the need for an absolutely outstanding LB out there? Eredivisie backs rarely go for the jackpot, but I figure Tagliafico could be picked up for about 30M, maybe even less when you consider that he's 26 and will likely be worth much less when he will be transferred next. For comparison sake, he's much better than Arias, who went to Atletico Madrid for a measly 12M.

Pro's:
  • As passionate as they come. Nicolas puts everything on the line.
  • A real leader, both vocal or by example.
  • Not big in size (1.70M), but feisty and wins most of his personal battles, even in the air.
  • A very aggressive, but clean tackler.
  • Has more than decent pace.
  • Great in finding combinations, also in small area's.
  • Comes up when it matters.
  • A model of consistency. He rarely makes errors. I think he's in the running for MotM every single game.
  • Not overly gifted offensively, but times his rushes well and scores easily for a back (3 goals in 7 CL games, for instance. Highest scoring back in the CL).
Cons:
  • His long ball is not always accurate. Doesn't uses it often, though.
  • While very disciplined, he often plays on or over the edge in important matches, which has me on the edge of my seat. Hasn't gotten himself a red card for Ajax so far, though.

What do you think about Pierie joining Ajax?

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
What do you think about Pierie joining Ajax?

Alright. Not overly impressed with Pierie so far, but I see the commotion. He reminds me a lot of Perr Schuurs, who was seen as de Ligt's replacement but has failed to take the next step so far. Pierie is not dominant enough defensively just yet, but I do like his clean, mistake free game. Solid passer as well and impressive leadership qualities for a guy his age. I think he plays a lot like Daley Blind, so not sure about that combo next season if all goes through.

I'm just spoiled with de Ligt I guess.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Then I’d think United would be the front runner. Think that they will end up breaking the record for a defenseman. Whether that’s Varane or Koulibaly.

Until they get a real DOF or replace Woodward, I can’t see them as front runner for any signing like this. It’s going to be a real competitive rush for him. They’re not going to win out over city or psg or shit even Liverpool if they want him. They’re just awful in the transfer market.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Until they get a real DOF or replace Woodward, I can’t see them as front runner for any signing like this. It’s going to be a real competitive rush for him. They’re not going to win out over city or psg or **** even Liverpool if they want him. They’re just awful in the transfer market.

As Evilo said PSG don’t have the cash to get him. We’ll see. Woodward loves marketable players so I can definitely see him overpaying for a top tier CB.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I could see it being Juve and Dybala paying for it.

Dybala to city,Munich,Madrid or Barca then Varane to Juve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad