Transfer: Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion Part VII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
And you shit on Jussi for using the best writers reporting. Don’t know why the same energy isn’t being applied here.
I shit on Jussi because Jussi DOES NOT use the best beat reporters. And I actually like Jussi. I just don’t think he should be getting his news from Utd Report as a secondary source without any link to the original news.

No one would care if Jussi was quoting Whitwell, but a Whitwell generally doesn’t post the same things multiple times a day. There are differences.

Last edited:

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Apparently Bernado Silva to Barcelona could happen.

And now the rumored replacement for him for Man City... Jude Bellingham!

I swear you could not make that up, but as an LFC fan it is fully expected. They will not break their wage structure for him... I am fully on the Luka Sucic bandwagon and/or Nunes

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Apparently Bernado Silva to Barcelona could happen.

And now the rumored replacement for him for Man City... Jude Bellingham!

I swear you could not make that up, but as an LFC fan it is fully expected. They will not break their wage structure for him... I am fully on the Luka Sucic bandwagon and/or Nunes
City being in on Bellingham is not a surprise.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Don't worry Liverpool fans, Bellingham said months back he's not leaving.
I don’t get too bothered by this transfer stuff. They will try again in 2023 and what happens happens. I wouldn’t sell this summer if I was Dortmund either.

I’m honestly even less worried about what City are doing. If LFC want to compete with City they need to build a team that can go over 90 points consistently. Jude going to City doesn’t change that. Jude going to LFC doesn’t change that. Jude staying at Dortmund doesn’t change that.

You have to go over 90 and hope for the best.

Last edited:

mmk786

Mar 3, 2004
Bernardo Silva replacement according to somewhat clued in City sources is Lucas Paqueta. But honestly nobody really knows, so Liverpool fans please relax.
Plus, Bellingham doesnt strike me as a City style player, he would fit Liverpool better.

Reactions: N o o d l e s

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
You can't be serious.
I don't know why you're so convinced that Bartomeu is the only bad guy and Laporta isn't another one. We all agree Bartomeu had no clue what he's doing. Yet, how do we know Laporta is actually any better and you won't realize in three years he was just as bad? You were probably saying the same things about Bartomeu that you are saying about Laporta. I wouldn't trust any of Barcelona's leadership until they prove they can get the club out of this mess. Laporta hasn't proven that. He's only talking a big game.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Bernardo Silva replacement according to somewhat clued in City sources is Lucas Paqueta. But honestly nobody really knows, so Liverpool fans please relax.
Plus, Bellingham doesnt strike me as a City style player, he would fit Liverpool better.
I don’t think LFC fans are not calm because of Bellingham (although there will be a vocal part of the fanbase with their pitchforks out of it doesn’t happen next summer). LFC fans are not calm because even Stevie Wonder could see that they need another midfielder and it’s not happening.

And honestly Paqueta would be a guy that would solve a lot of LFC problems too. It’s Jude or nobody this summer because Klopp (rightfully or wrongfully) doesn’t want to block minutes for Jones and Elliott (to a lesser extent Carvalho because he is going to be playing a lot at LW). If you get a guy like Barella or Nunes (two commonly linked names) you are absolutely blocking those guys. Not saying I wouldn’t do it, but that’s where the logic is. If you get a guy like Paqueta, that’s a different kind of player who can do multiple spots and give some different looks. The problem with LFC midfielder is because it needs some mobility and it’s a lot of guys that operate best in the same areas. So yeah I’d like a guy like Paqueta who would offer something different. LFC has been good but we’re getting a bit predictable. Darwin goes a long way to change that, but the midfield is an area which needs a bit of a facelift. Everyone knows it.

Bellingham plays anywhere at any team in the world. He is young enough that if he isn’t a City player now, he certainly will be. I also kind of think the concept of “City player” is changing a bit but that’s a story for another thread/time.

LFC are not City/Chelsea/Barca where they can just keep adding guys until something fits. LFC (self-imposed) has to say, would we rather have Harvey Elliott for cheap, who isn’t going to complain about his minutes, or do we spunk the money on a star and it impact the ability to get Jude, who is their top target, in a year. It’s a balancing act.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Celtic rumored to be after Alex Collado from Barcelona. The 2.5m + sell on clause we will offer should be enough to get Barca out of all their financial problems.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I don't know why you're so convinced that Bartomeu is the only bad guy and Laporta isn't another one. We all agree Bartomeu had no clue what he's doing. Yet, how do we know Laporta is actually any better and you won't realize in three years he was just as bad? You were probably saying the same things about Bartomeu that you are saying about Laporta. I wouldn't trust any of Barcelona's leadership until they prove they can get the club out of this mess. Laporta hasn't proven that. He's only talking a big game.

You really need to read what is being discussed. We're talking about a contract that was given while Bartomeu was the president. How is that Laporta's fault? Laporta wasn't at the club when De Jong was given that contract. The only thing you can say about Laporta here is that he is potentially lying and I already posted "I would have to see something that actually explains why the current board thinks that Frenkie's renewal and those of others were "criminal"." in this very thread. And no, I wasn't saying the same things about Bartomeu that I was about Laporta. I never wanted Bartomeu as club president in the first place.

Well yeah, he hasn't got them out of the mess. As I posted I believe yesterday, feel free to post what you think the club could/should do differently that would clear the club's debts. As for Laporta, it's very clear the work he's doing is largely good work in the short run and probably in the long run, but feel free to post otherwise supporting your claims if you think that's not the case. He's clearly not just talking a big game because they've secured financial deals and signed a lot of good players. That's not talk.

mmk786

Mar 3, 2004
I don’t think LFC fans are not calm because of Bellingham (although there will be a vocal part of the fanbase with their pitchforks out of it doesn’t happen next summer). LFC fans are not calm because even Stevie Wonder could see that they need another midfielder and it’s not happening.

And honestly Paqueta would be a guy that would solve a lot of LFC problems too. It’s Jude or nobody this summer because Klopp (rightfully or wrongfully) doesn’t want to block minutes for Jones and Elliott (to a lesser extent Carvalho because he is going to be playing a lot at LW). If you get a guy like Barella or Nunes (two commonly linked names) you are absolutely blocking those guys. Not saying I wouldn’t do it, but that’s where the logic is. If you get a guy like Paqueta, that’s a different kind of player who can do multiple spots and give some different looks. The problem with LFC midfielder is because it needs some mobility and it’s a lot of guys that operate best in the same areas. So yeah I’d like a guy like Paqueta who would offer something different. LFC has been good but we’re getting a bit predictable. Darwin goes a long way to change that, but the midfield is an area which needs a bit of a facelift. Everyone knows it.

Bellingham plays anywhere at any team in the world. He is young enough that if he isn’t a City player now, he certainly will be. I also kind of think the concept of “City player” is changing a bit but that’s a story for another thread/time.

LFC are not City/Chelsea/Barca where they can just keep adding guys until something fits. LFC (self-imposed) has to say, would we rather have Harvey Elliott for cheap, who isn’t going to complain about his minutes, or do we spunk the money on a star and it impact the ability to get Jude, who is their top target, in a year. It’s a balancing act.
Who knows what Klopp's actual plan is. He could be after a different player altogether. My advice would be to take everything posted on twittergramtok with a pinch of salt.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Oh you were serious? Well the contracts in discussion were signed before Laporta came? Maybe that’s it? And les habs definteily did not defend bart lol.

One last note he certainly has fixed their issues well some. You’re just not paying attention

mmk786

Mar 3, 2004
Isn't the plan to play Cancelo there though? And while I wouldn't say Gomez is better than Cucurella, Gomez can deliver a helluva ball.
I think City bought Cancelo as a RB to eventually replace Walker, who is a good defensive RB but doesnt really fit Pep's style of play offensively (also getting up there in age). Mendy was supposed to be the left back for the next decade until he tore his ACL and decided to get rapey (allegedly) during his rehab. This precipitated a change of plan and Cancelo was moved to LB where he has done great offensively but is very average defensively.

If City had bough Cucurella, I am fairly certain it would have meant more of Cancelo on the right and maybe even a switch to 5 at the back and Walker moving to RCB (Pep has tried this in the past and it didnt really work well with the personnel at the time).

Not sure how Gomez would be deployed if/when he is signed.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Who knows what Klopp's actual plan is. He could be after a different player altogether. My advice would be to take everything posted on twittergramtok with a pinch of salt.
The plan is Jude. Klopp himself called it out, but said it was “impossible” this summer. Same thing being corroborated by all the usual good sources like Joyce and Pearce. But I guess we will see

Lmaooo did the same thing the other day to me
Except that’s not why people were mad at Jussi? And I called you out for quoting an unverified guy named Rob. I stand by that.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Isn't the plan to play Cancelo there though? And while I wouldn't say Gomez is better than Cucurella, Gomez can deliver a helluva ball.
It’ll be Cancelo LB and Walker RB in the big games unless one is injured.

mmk786

Mar 3, 2004
The plan is Jude. Klopp himself called it out, but said it was “impossible” this summer. Same thing being corroborated by all the usual good sources like Joyce and Pearce. But I guess we will see
Things change. New players pop up on the market. Injuries happen. A lot can change. Klopp's thinking could change like it famously did in 2018.

Klopp in 2016 after United bought Pogba
"Other clubs can go out and spend more money and collect top players, yes.....Do I have to do it differently to that? Actually, I want to do it differently. I would even do it differently if I could spend that money."

Klopp in 2018 after spending close to 200m in one transfer window; including a world record fee for a goalkeeper (Alisson)
"Thats the problem these days, you say something and whatever bullshit you say, nobody will forget it!....Did I change my opinion? Yes. Thats true. Its better to change an opinion than to never have one."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad