Summer Poll - How will we do in 2024-25 based on the roster today?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Assuming no significant offseason moves, how will the Habs do this upcoming season?

• Total voters

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. That's plenty of time for someone else to get hurt playing street hockey or doing their groceries or whatever.
And going by what's happened in the past, it's not so crazy to think it happens again... :laugh:

Honestly though, it's been so bad. I just cannot believe we lost Dach for 80 games last year. That's just unreal.

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
It’s funny because I like to read other teams draft thread. Gives me different ideas/POV on prospects. New Jersey usually has the best draft thread every year since they have a couple of guys there doing extensive write ups/research on every prospect under the sun.

Anyways the point is, every team that is expected to be bad are all saying “we’re not picking top 5 this year, more like 8-12, we might push for a wildcard, might even make the playoffs this year!”. Every single one of them except San Jose. Sharks fan are pretty aware they’ll probably be finish last again.

Something has to give. Not all the bottom teams can rise up in the standings. Will be interesting to see how it turns out.

Reactions: the

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
It’s funny because I like to read other teams draft thread. Gives me different ideas/POV on prospects. New Jersey usually has the best draft thread every year since they have a couple of guys there doing extensive write ups/research on every prospect under the sun.

Anyways the point is, every team that is expected to be bad are all saying “we’re not picking top 5 this year, more like 8-12, we might push for a wildcard, might even make the playoffs this year!”. Every single one of them except San Jose. Sharks fan are pretty aware they’ll probably be finish last again.

Something has to give. Not all the bottom teams can rise up in the standings. Will be interesting to see how it turns out.
New Jersey has had crazy injuries too. Sooner or later they’re putting it together. Great prospect group.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
that is why this team is a bottom 10 team. thus KH needs to fix the bottom 6 over the next year or so
Our bottom six is average, not bad. And it’s probably not why we’ll finish outside the playoffs. That will be due to our inexperienced D.

I mean how many teams are terrible because of their bottom six? They either have bad D or their top six sucks. A mediocre to poor bottom six isn’t going to make you finish in a lotto spot.

Reactions: Sorinth

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Many so called experts are saying the Habs will once again be a bottom 5 team. While I am somewhat of a Homer I just don't see them being bottom 5.
You have to think that these young D are entering their 3rd seasons, Dach and Newhook should take giant steps and the 1st line should also be better.
In goal I think both Primeau and Monty will be much better.
The only thing you can't take into account are injuries.
With all that said I don't think this is a bottom 5 team.
Remember they lost many games by 1 goal which means they were competitive in most games.

dauv

Sep 23, 2022
Many so called experts are saying the Habs will once again be a bottom 5 team. While I am somewhat of a Homer I just don't see them being bottom 5.
You have to think that these young D are entering their 3rd seasons, Dach and Newhook should take giant steps and the 1st line should also be better.
Remember they lost many games by 1 goal which means they were competitive in most games.
i can see the habs fin ishing anywhere between 6-10 worst this year

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
As I said, I don't expect the playoffs. But I think it's going to be a fun season. Yes, we'll have setbacks. Some players will get hurt or not pan out. But some will and it's going to be fun watching those guys develop.

And we just might sneak in. I'm really looking forward to seeing how we do.

Reactions: Tyson

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
As I said, I don't expect the playoffs. But I think it's going to be a fun season. Yes, we'll have setbacks. Some players will get hurt or not pan out. But some will and it's going to be fun watching those guys develop.

And we just might sneak in. I'm really looking forward to seeing how we do.

I just can't wait to watch and cheer for the Habs to win.. without getting upset if they lose. It's going to be the lowest stakes of any season I can remember, we don't need another top 5 pick, we aren't trying to get into the playoffs at all costs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad