OT: Summer is waning. Time to Fall into the abyss of posts with poor grammar and insipid vocabulary.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
This coming storm looks pretty bad, everyone be safe, stay in, and be prepared as we said when we were young. My brother's fam is on his way from Carolina a day early, should be here just in time to order Bocce Club later and we have 2 pots of chilli brewing on the grill.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Our cat Lady of 18+ passed away today. Wife and I are so very sad.
We had to put our 13 yr old beloved Tiberious blk lab down in April. He was part human! Dogs are better souls than people. We have a new girl and boy, still training the new guy. Best advice I can give is to get another asap.

Reactions: Butt Ox

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Stay safe y'all. Just listening to the weather network saying this storm will affect 300 million people. Wild.

It’s already hitting me. We’re supposed to get 25-40 inches of it by the time it clears out. It’s really gonna depend on where it comes from, as the radar is showing it’s coming from the east of me, as opposed to the west like usual.

Or basically it hits land out in the farm area instead of coming directly off of (the still not frozen) Lake Superior.

Thankfully I had my daughter over for Christmas already, so she won’t be stuck here with me, as she lives in the area east of me that’s currently getting blasted by the storm.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
What’s the ice cover like at the moment?

It’s been relatively warm so far this winter, so it’s mostly just shoreline ice. Only idiots are going out on it right now. Superior rarely fully freezes over though. It’s only happened once in my life.

Some places even if they freeze, they’re not safe to go on due to the lake currents. You constantly hear of people going through the ice and it’s by luck if they’re ever recovered.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I'm hoping this storm doesn't live up to the hype. I have an ugly sweater party I'm hoping to attend. There are some weird people that go to this party, so the people watching is grade-A!

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
arctic front just hit where I am in Virginia. expected lows in the single digits and below zero wind chill. last time Virginia had a Christmas and New Years this cold was 1989...before I moved here.
Stay safe everyone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad