GDT: WCSF | VI | "Because It's The Cusp" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 5.18.24 | 6:00PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018
arnold-schwarzenegger-jingle-all-the-way-aww-poor-baby-reaction-arnie-1395838913k.gif

Vancouver is an up and coming team that hasn't proven themselves in the playoffs yet. It's natural for fans to be unsure of what you're capable of and so far the Nucks have beaten a very bad Nashville team and are up 3-2 against the Oilers who are pretty flawed themselves. Credit is given when it's due, Vancouver has looked really good so far but if they advance they're going to have beat Dallas, an echelon of team no one on this core has played so far.

You fans have this chip on your shoulder like you're defending champs or something. Just enjoy the ride man. Your team is looking good! No need to care so much about other fanbases' opinions of your team
Haven't proven themselves?

Nashville a bad team?

Vancouver is on the cusp of beating the heavily favored Oilers to progress to the WCF. They only played 3 games against the Stars this year and played them tight every game losing two games with one

W 2-0
L 4-3 OT
L 3-1

Won the season series for faceoffs, takeaway and giveaways. Almost equal in hits

Sorry mate, the Canucks heard this against Nashville after limping in to the playoffs after a lackluster last 20 games. Then again against Edmonton.

Fans will be fans but if the Canucks DO win tonight I think the Dallas series will also be a lot closer than some think. The fact they're where they are right now when other heavily favored teams are not suggests they may have proven that they do have some playoff success

I say this after putting $$ down for the Oilers to win in 6

Reactions: Summer Rose

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Sportsnet calling it a chess match? Lmfao the Oilers game plan makes checkers look complicated. Put in a shitty goalie and ride McDrai 30 mins

It's still chess when you start down 5 pawns but you have an extra bishop and rook.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Edmonton copied former Canucks anthem singer Mark Donnelly letting the fans sing. They just copy us with everything. Zero originality.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
You fans have this chip on your shoulder like you're defending champs or something. Just enjoy the ride man. Your team is looking good! No need to care so much about other fanbases' opinions of your team

Didn't you start this whole exchange by bitching about "Vancouver fans"? And you're surprised you're getting blowback?

For what it's worth I do think that there's a bit of an inferiority complex and it continually manifests with 'well at least we don't live [x]' as some sort of cope while ignoring the DTES and ridiculously high CoL.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
The problem if you are an Oiler fan (like me)...

* No matter how big your lead is, it never feels like enough.

* If Vancouver is up by one, it feels insurmountable.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
That's not the first time Silovs has just willingly engaged in a board battle behind his net and I can't tell if that's totally rockstar or really stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad