OT: Summer Fitness Thread

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
So frustrating to eat right, workout, etc and see the scale go up 2 pounds. I know its just water fluctuations but still. UGH!
Agreed. I just did a food sensitivity and gut barrier test. Eliminating all foods I have a reaction to and adding in BPC-157 to heal my gut. Excited to see what happens.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
I just want to get rid of 5-8 pounds of pudge on my midsection. I stopped weight training a month ago because I was hurting my stomach. I may start again at lighter weights. I do ride a bike 30 minutes a day.
Portion control is the secret sauce imo. I eat whatever I want just 30% less of it and pounds are just falling off.

Everything being deluxe or king size for a lot of our lives has messed up our perceptions.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Portion control is the secret sauce imo. I eat whatever I want just 30% less of it and pounds are just falling off.

Everything being deluxe or king size for a lot of our lives has messed up our perceptions.
I agree. I eat the stuff I like I just keep to a firm calorie deficit. I log every calorie.

Agreed. I just did a food sensitivity and gut barrier test. Eliminating all foods I have a reaction to and adding in BPC-157 to heal my gut. Excited to see what happens.
Never heard of that test. Is that something you do in a doctors office or at home? Please let us know how that goes. It sounds interesting. :)

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
I agree. I eat the stuff I like I just keep to a firm calorie deficit. I log every calorie.

Never heard of that test. Is that something you do in a doctors office or at home? Please let us know how that goes. It sounds interesting. :)
I have done one where you need to go to a doctors office and get 4 vials of blood drawn. This one was a home kit where you prick your finger and put droplets on a collection card to mail into the lab. Got my results 8 days after I mailed it in.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
What are the benefits of BPC-157? I've never heard of it.

I have some colleagues who swear by it. The Mind Pump guys swear by it. Adam? tore his pec and 6 week later was working out his chest.

I have a friend who said he gained 10 lbs of muscle because of how much it improved his digestion.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I have done one where you need to go to a doctors office and get 4 vials of blood drawn. This one was a home kit where you prick your finger and put droplets on a collection card to mail into the lab. Got my results 8 days after I mailed it in.
I may look in to the home test. What did your results say if not too personal a question?

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
I may look in to the home test. What did your results say if not too personal a question?
I don't have awful stomach issues but sometimes I have bathroom inconsistencies and bloating. Nothing severe came up but I have mild reactions to Beef, Chicken, Sweet Potatoes, Broccoli, Raspberries, Tuna and moderate to Mackerel (never eat anyway so who cares lol), Brewer's Yeast (I do AWFUL with beer) and a few other things.

I also have Candida/dysbiosis which is causing Leaky Gut.

I eat Beef and Chicken every single day for years on end and A LOT of it each day, so this could be why I have stomach issues and carry my excess fat there. Really lean and muscular everywhere else so it's annoying.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I don't have awful stomach issues but sometimes I have bathroom inconsistencies and bloating. Nothing severe came up but I have mild reactions to Beef, Chicken, Sweet Potatoes, Broccoli, Raspberries, Tuna and moderate to Mackerel (never eat anyway so who cares lol), Brewer's Yeast (I do AWFUL with beer) and a few other things.

I also have Candida/dysbiosis which is causing Leaky Gut.

I eat Beef and Chicken every single day for years on end and A LOT of it each day, so this could be why I have stomach issues and carry my excess fat there. Really lean and muscular everywhere else so it's annoying.
I had a bad H-Pylori infection about 7 years ago that I still feel some small after effects today. I can't digest certain foods & have some acid reflux issues. I wonder if this BPC-157 stuff would help.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
I had a bad H-Pylori infection about 7 years ago that I still feel some small after effects today. I can't digest certain foods & have some acid reflux issues. I wonder if this BPC-157 stuff would help.
From my understanding it can strengthen the pyloric sphincter which will help with reflux and also heals the lining of the esophagus and digestive tract.

There are also some easy to get supplements that are good for reflux like Zinc Carnosine and Glutamine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad