NHL Summer 2023 Preseason - Mike Babcock Resigns as HC of CBJ

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

Since Sweeney still has Mitchell Miller under contract (didn’t buy him out as the hockey world anticipated) maybe he can sign Galchenyuk & Anthony D’Angelo and go full island of misfit toys.
I might be willing to give Galchenyuk a shot after he's gone through treament and made restitution. If the Bruins ever sign Tony D'Angelo I will find a new team to root for and get rid of every Bruins item I own.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Since Sweeney still has Mitchell Miller under contract (didn’t buy him out as the hockey world anticipated) maybe he can sign Galchenyuk & Anthony D’Angelo and go full island of misfit toys.

I think, and dom can correct me, MM came down to money and cap hit or not. Keeping him in purgatory for two more years is at minor salary and no cap hit. Buying out is at nhl salary and a cap hit.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

I might be willing to give Galchenyuk a shot after he's gone through treament and made restitution. If the Bruins ever sign Tony D'Angelo I will find a new team to root for and get rid of every Bruins item I own.

not me.
7 teams in past 7 years for me is a do not pass go do not collect $200.
Something aint right.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I think, and dom can correct me, MM came down to money and cap hit or not. Keeping him in purgatory for two more years is at minor salary and no cap hit. Buying out is at nhl salary and a cap hit.

Small penalty they should have paid to no longer be associated with him.

Disgrace he's still part of this organization purgatory or not.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Easy decision. Either way they choose they lose something and the chud gets his full salary, so don't do the thing that hurts the team on the ice by absorbing the buyout penalty.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Small penalty they should have paid to no longer be associated with him.

Disgrace he's still part of this organization purgatory or not.

Must have been recommended by Loretta. That's what I imagine the cop-out excuse would be anyway.

Not taking the penalty on the chin means all that fluff about "doing better" was just lip service.

Reactions: EverettMike

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Must have been recommended by Loretta. That's what I imagine the cop-out excuse would be anyway.

Not taking the penalty on the chin means all that fluff about "doing better" was just lip service.
There’s something weird going on. Not a single media member asked Sweeney about it. Zero coverage from a media perspective anywhere. Nothing on Eustace King whatsoever. Something under the covers has to be an issue.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
True, but he's doing that on a team that is flush with offensively skilled forwards. Put him on a loser and see if he makes anyone else around him better. I doubt he would.
I think you under estimate how good a player he is & if Leafs lose him they will know in a hurry .He is a game breaker type

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad