NHL Summer 2023 Preseason - Mike Babcock Resigns as HC of CBJ

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I'm with the Leafs on this one. Nylander has impressive skills but he doesn't consistently drive his line. He's more of a "fly the zone for a quick strike" type of player. IMO a ten million dollar AAV player has to carry his line on a consistent basis.
He just has 87 pts in 82 games with 40 goals and coming into his prime now at age 27.They could end up trading him because I don't think he is going to give in.

Reactions: quietbruinfan

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I'm with the Leafs on this one. Nylander has impressive skills but he doesn't consistently drive his line. He's more of a "fly the zone for a quick strike" type of player. IMO a ten million dollar AAV player has to carry his line on a consistent basis.
The leafs did it to themselves - he that much worse than Marner? He outproduced teammates Tavares and Mathews this year too who both make 11+.

I mean in the real world he's not that guy, but if he's been living in that room it can warp things.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
The leafs did it to themselves - he that much worse than Marner? He outproduced teammates Tavares and Mathews this year too who both make 11+.

I mean in the real world he's not that guy, but if he's been living in that room it can warp things.

Tavares and Nylander's numbers across their age 24-26 seasons on a GPG and PPG basis, they aren't far off each other surprisingly. Even if their playoffs GPG and PPG are compared against each other they are practically the same over the same time period (age 24-26). A contract signed in 2018 with a lower cap and 2018 dollars.

Kids got a case. Like you said, Leafs made their bed.

Forester65

Jan 31, 2019
He just has 87 pts in 82 games with 40 goals and coming into his prime now at age 27.They could end up trading him because I don't think he is going to give in.
True, but he's doing that on a team that is flush with offensively skilled forwards. Put him on a loser and see if he makes anyone else around him better. I doubt he would.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
--Resisted arrest and made erratic movements
--Threatened to chop up the officer, his wife, and children
--Told the officer his bloodline is dead
--Let police know he has "connections" in Moscow
--Called an African-American training officer racial epithets
--Later on said he was just joking about all of the above

Not the best to way to try to salvage one's career. I cannot wait for the officer body cam footage to be released. Should be a hoot.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
--Resisted arrest and made erratic movements
--Threatened to chop up the officer, his wife, and children
--Told the officer his bloodline is dead
--Let police know he has "connections" in Moscow
--Called an African-American training officer racial epithets
--Later on said he was just joking about all of the above

Not the best to way to try to salvage one's career. I cannot wait for the officer body cam footage to be released. Should be a hoot.
His dad was there and let him drive. Amazing.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
His dad was there and let him drive. Amazing.
His Dad sounds like a real a**hole too. :thumbd:

from cbssports.com:

Galchenyuk had been lying on the ground close to his car when his father, Alexander Galchenyuk Sr., was reportedly seen picking him up and putting him in the passenger seat. The father then drove away before officers conducted a traffic stop, but they were later pulled over. While the father tried to take the blame for the incident and said he was the one who ran over the curb, witnesses said the son had been the one driving the car.

Reactions: BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad