Sugar Shawn please show up.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
This team does not have the raw talent to line up against a Pittsburgh or a Rangers, so they need to rely on playing an up-tempo brand of hockey to be successful. This involves a high level of emotion and intensity, which is going to lead to fights.

It's the age old argument:

"We win because I score goals" versus "We win because I make them crazy"

We have more talent then NY, I will concede that Pitt has more talent then us, but it's very top heavy.

Rookie Chargers

Sep 17, 2005
Quebec
We'll see if he dares to dance with Johnny Scott Thursday.

Nothing has happened yet so he doesn't have to fight him.

Is Scott going to defend Miller's honor? He wasn't on the team then and if he has any brains he won't fight for that reason.

There is an outside chance he does though, Lindy The Brain Ruff is their coach. :shakehead

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Add the "getting married and having a child will make him soft".. :sarcasm:

Funny story about the first child effect. My friend dominated our fantasy football league for the 5 years leading up to his first kid being born. Hasn't sniffed the playoffs in the 10 years since. I ragged on him the first year, telling him he lost his edge and got soft b/c of his kid. Still tease him about it to this day.

Last year was his best finish in the last 10 (he finished 7th out of 12).

:laugh:

Rookie Chargers

Sep 17, 2005
Quebec
I love these boards, Bourque needs to go now, Shawn is a bum, Dougie is the greatest player of all time.

Be happy the team is good, don't complain, only complain when they truly do suck, the good times are great but the bad times are worse.

Horse don't fail me now!

He has only shown what was said about him, which is what we wanted him to do. So there is nothing great yet, we'll see that in a few years. I hope.

BudMovin*

We'll see if he dares to dance with Johnny Scott Thursday.

He initiated and won the fight with the more feared Boogaard two years ago. Don't see why he would be afraid of Scott (who finally fought someone noteworthy and got beat-down).

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
He initiated and won the fight with the more feared Boogaard two years ago. Don't see why he would be afraid of Scott (who finally fought someone noteworthy and got beat-down).

He isn't.

The poster to whom you are responding has a pronounced antipathy for Shawn Thornton.

blazenlo

Oct 3, 2005
Maine
Shawn hasn't been GREAT i agree, but i do believe he is tied in goals with Seguin right now with Segs being an open netter...

I think everything's going alright right now if all we have to point out is Sugars play. :laugh:

:yo:

Kaoz*

Shawn hasn't been GREAT i agree, but i do believe he is tied in goals with Seguin right now with Segs being an open netter...

I think everything's going alright right now if all we have to point out is Sugars play. :laugh:

:yo:

Things shouldn't have to be going badly to point out issues. For those that think they do need to be going badly, don't start whining when people bring up the issues during the next down period because it will happen.

You can always get better.

My opinion, the Bruins are far better when a guy like Thornton is taking care of business... not when someone like Lucic is having to drop them every game. Thorntons a very serviceable 4th liner, one of the best in the business but he's far more valuable when he brings the intimidation nightly as well.

That said, hard to complain about too much right now but certainly one of the few things I'd really like to see improve. More energy from the energy guys. I know it's been mentioned before, but like the idea of moving Paille to line 3 and bringing up McDermid for that 4th line LW role. I like Bourque too, happy with his play so far, nice to have those different looks from time to time though.

Buckets and Gloves

klaatu barada nikto
Aug 14, 2011
I think Clode needs to sit his ass... too many mental errors... but we are really lacking in forward depth for any one to legit fill the spot.

blazenlo

Oct 3, 2005
Maine
Things shouldn't have to be going badly to point out issues. For those that think they do need to be going badly, don't start whining when people bring up the issues during the next down period because it will happen.

You can always get better.

My opinion, the Bruins are far better when a guy like Thornton is taking care of business... not when someone like Lucic is having to drop them every game. Thorntons a very serviceable 4th liner, one of the best in the business but he's far more valuable when he brings the intimidation nightly as well.

That said, hard to complain about too much right now but certainly one of the few things I'd really like to see improve. More energy from the energy guys. I know it's been mentioned before, but like the idea of moving Paille to line 3 and bringing up McDermid for that 4th line LW role. I like Bourque too, happy with his play so far, nice to have those different looks from time to time though.

You read my post as whining? Really?

I agree things could ALWAYS be better...I'm just pretty happy with 9 out of 10 available points thus far. Just how "I" feel. My bad.

Edit: Furthermore I never said I had a problem with this thread being posted...

Last edited:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
It's gonna catch up with Looch. Aside from his value out of the box, throwing em every night and eventually he will get injured. I don't mean by taking a punch. Most guys get hurt in fights by the grappling or takedown.

Kaoz*

You read my post as whining? Really?

I agree things could ALWAYS be better...I'm just pretty happy with 9 out of 10 available points thus far. Just how "I" feel. My bad.

Edit: Furthermore I never said I had a problem with this thread being posted...

No, I think your post was stating things need to be going badly before talking about issues. I disagree.

The whining will come later when people are discussing the issues during a down swing, and possibly not from you.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Lucic does have to take a break from fighting scrubs, broken fingers, twisted ankles/knees are a real posibility, and top line wingers don't need to fight every 2 games.

Let Thornton take out the goons and Lucic continue his 30 goal a year average while being down right SCARY to play against.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
His fight with Gleason was not a smart decision. That got Carolina completely back into the game.

Balls - it was a great decision - because one day, he'll be in a similar position, and may find a willing partner in return.

It's part of the code. Not required, but a good faith gesture on Looch's part.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
The problem I have is Lucic isn't a goalie. He doesn't play 60 minutes. He plays 18-19 minutes. Whats the difference if he spends 5 of his 42 bench minutes in the box?

The difference is that when he is in the box his line still plays and has to do so without him, plus you always have the risk of injury. How Julien can accept Lucic fighting Orr or Scott is unreal (if he actually does accept it). A 30 goal scorer, power forward who opens up so much space for his linemates, in the box because of pride in standing up and fighting a plug, all the while the opposing coach is laughing at the trade off. I hope Julien puts the lock on Lucic like he did with BGL and Thorton starts doing is job and stops thinking he is the 30 goal scorer and power forward.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
It's gonna catch up with Looch. Aside from his value out of the box, throwing em every night and eventually he will get injured. I don't mean by taking a punch. Most guys get hurt in fights by the grappling or takedown.

Exactly, see TML Brown last night in his fight with Weber, upper body injury, I know it is only Brown but idea is that is can happen to any player. Yes Lucic needs to drop them once in awhile but not staged fights and any fight with Orr or Scott will be staged. He is better when he fights from a hard hit or play, not staged.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Exactly, see TML Brown last night in his fight with Weber, upper body injury, I know it is only Brown but idea is that is can happen to any player. Yes Lucic needs to drop them once in awhile but not staged fights and any fight with Orr or Scott will be staged. He is better when he fights from a hard hit or play, not staged.

Brown had to answer the bell after boarding a Sabres player. You don't get to pick your spots when you play a certain way.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Huh?! After what a washed up Orr did to Scott the other day (see: crumpled into fetal position)...Im sure Thornton will have no issues chopping the big man down...
Orr's washed up? What league are you watching? He's still one of the best fighters in the league. Terrible player but good fighter.

Thornton definitely won't hesitate to fight Scott but I wouldn't be so sure about him chopping him down. Could happen but it's more likely that the fight will end in a draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad