Sudbury Wolves 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
For sure. Musty is the best offensive player available was before, still is now.

Get the best offer you can and go from there.
Unfortunately I don’t believe every team is in the running. Player gets to decide and if they are cool on the idea or low balling then we wait..and wait.
This is why I think he comes back and plays till the deadline…
could be wrong but trending this way.

Reactions: cobra9850

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Won't happen. -the damage is done they won't bring that back into the room.
They will need to take less or get nothing.

The situation is staying surprisingly quiet.
It's quiet because the local media refuse to ever question anything about how the team is ran. We saw it with the Connor Burgess fiasco. Never questioned until a writer from the Soo wrote about it.
Unfortunately I don’t believe every team is in the running. Player gets to decide and if they are cool on the idea or low balling then we wait..and wait.
This is why I think he comes back and plays till the deadline…
could be wrong but trending this way.
You've got fans in this thread saying they will be boo'ing Musty, not to mention Papineau's statement on the wolves website. That relationship is severed, he won't be back in a wolves jersey.

Reactions: frontsfan67

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
I have a feeling you may see Musty here before Friday, just a feeling. Can’t be any worse than 3 dollar hotdog Wednesday 🤮

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
It's quiet because the local media refuse to ever question anything about how the team is ran. We saw it with the Connor Burgess fiasco. Never questioned until a writer from the Soo wrote about it.

You've got fans in this thread saying they will be boo'ing Musty, not to mention Papineau's statement on the wolves website. That relationship is severed, he won't be back in a wolves jersey.
Where did you read this I can only find him saying he is welcome back anytime when I look at his statement on page two on the website and there will be no further comment.

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013

What he clearly means is that its a quiet topic all over the OHL. Not a lot of talk about offers and that has zero to do with our local coverage.

Even though the Wolves stated Musty will be welcome if he returns, I don't see a way forward after how the request was made.

agillarda

Jan 3, 2024
What he clearly means is that its a quiet topic all over the OHL. Not a lot of talk about offers and that has zero to do with our local coverage.

Even though the Wolves stated Musty will be welcome if he returns, I don't see a way forward after how the request was made.
It was a very messy way to go about it for sure. I think there is a way forward, however; it would talk Musty eating 2 big pieces of humble pie. 1 is an apology to his teammates for turning his back on them and quiting on them. 2 is an apology to the fans for turning on them and quiting on them.

I made a comment about the fans being loud next time he is in the den, if he comes back a wolve probably not as many boos, but if he comes back on another team a can see it being vocal boos when he touches the puck and during the tribute the likely give him like they do everyone else.

It is an honor and a privilege to be drafted and play in the OHL. Some don't realize that and abuse the privilege.

agillarda

Jan 3, 2024
You’re right but unfortunately some programs are poorly run and RB failed to deliver.
You aren't wrong the team was moving in the right direction under Stillman, that last season with Byfield would have been an amazing run and would have had another 1 or 2 runs there. Imagine Goyette playing and learning from Byfield. We wouldn't have had Musty in that world.

We failed to do a proper coaching hire following him leaving. McCallum, Goyette, Musty and the rest of the team couldn't get consistent leadership and that is a big part of the culture issues we had.

I don't know if anyone has noticed the difference just in the way they come out now as opposed to the last couple years. Was in batches of players and now they are back to coming out at once as a team.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
It was a very messy way to go about it for sure. I think there is a way forward, however; it would talk Musty eating 2 big pieces of humble pie. 1 is an apology to his teammates for turning his back on them and quiting on them. 2 is an apology to the fans for turning on them and quiting on them.

I made a comment about the fans being loud next time he is in the den, if he comes back a wolve probably not as many boos, but if he comes back on another team a can see it being vocal boos when he touches the puck and during the tribute the likely give him like they do everyone else.

It is an honor and a privilege to be drafted and play in the OHL. Some don't realize that and abuse the privilege.
I commend Sudbury’s management for making Quentin Musty sit until they can get a decent return for him. Too often star players have demanded a trade to a particular team. It is one thing for trade deadline deals when team chooses to trade a player but it is different when a player demands a trade and even worse when they quit their team. I think his options are limited. He cannot play in the AHL or the East Coast League. I am not even sure is he can play in Europe if Sudbury holds him to his OHL Standard Player Contract. I think the best thing for all involved is for him to accept a trade that allows the Wolves to get the best return.

agillarda

Jan 3, 2024
I commend Sudbury’s management for making Quentin Musty sit until they can get a decent return for him. Too often star players have demanded a trade to a particular team. It is one thing for trade deadline deals when team chooses to trade a player but it is different when a player demands a trade and even worse when they quit their team. I think his options are limited. He cannot play in the AHL or the East Coast League. I am not even sure is he can play in Europe if Sudbury holds him to his OHL Standard Player Contract. I think the best thing for all involved is for him to accept a trade that allows the Wolves to get the best return.
Sooner the better for all involved, Musty gets back to playing, which ever players we have coming in have more time to learn the systems and build chemistry.

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
You aren't wrong the team was moving in the right direction under Stillman, that last season with Byfield would have been an amazing run and would have had another 1 or 2 runs there. Imagine Goyette playing and learning from Byfield. We wouldn't have had Musty in that world.

We failed to do a proper coaching hire following him leaving. McCallum, Goyette, Musty and the rest of the team couldn't get consistent leadership and that is a big part of the culture issues we had.

I don't know if anyone has noticed the difference just in the way they come out now as opposed to the last couple years. Was in batches of players and now they are back to coming out at once as a team.
Correct. Team is first priority. On and off the ice. Everyone has a clear defined role and EVERYONE is held to the same level of accountability.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad