Sudbury Wolves 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Anytime you take two points out of the Bay especially when you come from behind. You take it as a confidence booster, team builder and character win.

Wolves could really do well with a bit more help up front. Another solid top six player whether its an import or add from a Musty deal would be huge for this team in these type of games.

Another piece on the backend would also be nice. Missing McCoy.

WJ

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Anytime you take two points out of the Bay especially when you come from behind. You take it as a huge victory and confidence booster.

Wolves could really do well with a bit more help up front. Another solid top six player whether its an import or add from a Musty deal would be huge for this team in these type of games.

Another piece on the backend would also be nice. Missing McCoy.

WJ
I thought I had read there was a chance McCoy would play today, hopefully this means he's back by next weekend, huge missing piece, i'd argue the most important player on the team.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
I thought I had read there was a chance McCoy would play today, hopefully this means he's back by next weekend, huge missing piece, i'd argue the most important player on the team.
Hopefully he is back next week. We're looking pretty thin as game gets deeper. Mental mistakes happen when you have guys getting more ice then they are used to.

WJ

Reactions: djscooter

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
No excuse. Almost half the first period short handed doesn’t make it any easier to win. Have to clean that up. Unfortunately I still don’t have much faith in Krawchuck, didn’t like the first goal but he made up for it. Great game though totally different team under Barney. Does anyone know why the Wolves were taunting the fans so much. I mean a certain amount is normal, but it seemed pretty excessive. Were fans really getting on them? I’ve heard they can be especially nasty from a long time Peterborough executive.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
No excuse. Almost half the first period short handed doesn’t make it any easier to win. Have to clean that up. Unfortunately I still don’t have much faith in Krawchuck, didn’t like the first goal but he made up for it. Great game though totally different team under Barney. Does anyone know why the Wolves were taunting the fans so much. I mean a certain amount is normal, but it seemed pretty excessive. Were fans really getting on them? I’ve heard they can be especially nasty from a long time Peterborough executive.
I know there is one north bay fan in particular who sits near the visitor bench who says some particularly nasty stuff. If a wolves fan was caught saying similar personal attacks I would hope he'd be removed from the arena.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Really can't help but feel proud for this young team. When you think about what they are playing through, Villy suspension, Musty debacle, McCoy injury, Clayton being ejected x3, no import players reporting and the lack of OHL experience for many on the roster. They are hanging tough and collecting points. They lost twice to Barrie in close games, and the only two losses where they were dominated was vs Kingston and Sarnia. Hopefully with incoming help from a Musty deal whenever that happens and rumour of getting Molnar it will most definitely help and take some pressure off Delic, Villy, and Walton.

WJ

Last edited:

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
I think it’s time to recognize the “not so often mentioned “players. Bruce and O’Dell have been solid in Dzone. Mean along board and in front of net. Shot Blocking machines. T. O’Dell see PK time.
Clayton and Henderson are ultra competitive and their motors don’t stop. Some bad luck for Clayton today. but he’s been amazing. Same for Henderson. Besides having great motors, both play with high IQ. Their angling on defensive side of puck is very cerebral often resulting in turnovers. They are a major reason we have the best PK in the O.
Streetcar doesn’t get a ton of ice, but when he does his presence is felt, pucks get turned over and almost always an opposition player is sitting on his ass on the ice.
Chitaroni is coming along nice and his skating is improving every game.
The 15-16 year olds are growing and every game improvement is noticeable. Dean’s confidence is growing and he is more and more engaged every game. Same for Doucet. I’ve already expressed praise on Blonda. His ceiling is extremely hi being coached by Drake and Mentored by McCoy, DeAngelis and Ewles.
Speaking of Ewles, he was real solid tonight and he knows his role on this team, calm under pressure and reliable.
Having lost the net to Marshall for a few games, Chucky comes in and helps win today's game. It appears he has matured significantly and with that his game has also grown.
I wonder if Guelph regrets accepting a late round pick for Cogs? Kid is on a heater!!
wolf Man Jack is right, team is playing great under this coaching staff with a lot of outside noise.
Keeper rolling!

Does anyone know why the Wolves were taunting the fans so much. I mean a certain amount is normal, but it seemed pretty excessive. Were fans really getting on them? I’ve heard they can be especially nasty from a long time Peterborough executive.
Well, I know the North Bay vs. Sudbury rivalry runs pretty deep, and in my opinion, the Battalion are the Wolves' biggest rival. In games like that, emotions can get heated; sometimes, taunting the fans is just part of that intensity.

Personally, I don’t mind when our players give a little back to the crowd. Fans have almost free reign to yell whatever they want at the players, and it can get pretty harsh. As long as the players don’t cross any major lines—like making things personal or inappropriate—I think it’s fine for them to respond. It’s part of the back-and-forth energy that makes hockey fun.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Well, I know the North Bay vs. Sudbury rivalry runs pretty deep, and in my opinion, the Battalion are the Wolves' biggest rival. In games like that, emotions can get heated; sometimes, taunting the fans is just part of that intensity.

Personally, I don’t mind when our players give a little back to the crowd. Fans have almost free reign to yell whatever they want at the players, and it can get pretty harsh. As long as the players don’t cross any major lines—like making things personal or inappropriate—I think it’s fine for them to respond. It’s part of the back-and-forth energy that makes hockey fun.
I'm a bit old school and more about respect however the Wolves fans have had their share of North Bay players taunting after a goal or victory and more like the last three years and specifically our last playoff round. So a bit of Karma is ok. Thing is we play 7 more times so I hope the Wolves can continue playing hard and be victorious over North Bay most of the year as those points will be crucial for standings come March. We don't want to give the Battalion any motivation from seeing that stuff.

WJ

Wolfie

Nov 3, 2023
Wolves need to keep that top line of Walton Villy and Coughlan together, they were dominant every shift. Nice to see Coughlan at a point per game, helps offset Misty's temper tantrum.

• Haha
Reactions: WeThe North

WE ARE WOLVES

Sep 10, 2018
Ewles and DeAngelis weren't good tonight
WOW...You must've been watching a different game... Ewles was terrible...I generally don't mind his game but Friday night vs. Sarnia he was off...I fugure he was on the ice and often directly responsible for most goals against. To be fair this has been the only bad game he's played.

WE ARE WOLVES

Sep 10, 2018
I think it’s time to recognize the “not so often mentioned “players. Bruce and O’Dell have been solid in Dzone. Mean along board and in front of net. Shot Blocking machines. T. O’Dell see PK time.
Clayton and Henderson are ultra competitive and their motors don’t stop. Some bad luck for Clayton today. but he’s been amazing. Same for Henderson. Besides having great motors, both play with high IQ. Their angling on defensive side of puck is very cerebral often resulting in turnovers. They are a major reason we have the best PK in the O.
Streetcar doesn’t get a ton of ice, but when he does his presence is felt, pucks get turned over and almost always an opposition player is sitting on his ass on the ice.
Chitaroni is coming along nice and his skating is improving every game.
The 15-16 year olds are growing and every game improvement is noticeable. Dean’s confidence is growing and he is more and more engaged every game. Same for Doucet. I’ve already expressed praise on Blonda. His ceiling is extremely hi being coached by Drake and Mentored by McCoy, DeAngelis and Ewles.
Speaking of Ewles, he was real solid tonight and he knows his role on this team, calm under pressure and reliable.
Having lost the net to Marshall for a few games, Chucky comes in and helps win today's game. It appears he has matured significantly and with that his game has also grown.
I wonder if Guelph regrets accepting a late round pick for Cogs? Kid is on a heater!!
wolf Man Jack is right, team is playing great under this coaching staff with a lot of outside noise.
Keeper rolling!
I'm not a big fan of Bruce's game just yet but obviously with his size I can see the enormous potential. The past few games with McCoy out of the lineup he's been paired with Jackson who is not flashy at all but I really feel is a great addition (full time) to the team. He is responsible in his own end, with little to no panic in his game. Makes a good first pass and doesn't get himself out of position very often. I'd like to see if he has some offence to his game as well but for now aside from McCoy I don't think there's a Dman I trust more to shut down a rush from the opposition. I think he's a big reason the Wolves have one of the best PK's in the league so far this season. IMO

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad