Sudbury Wolves 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

agillarda

Jan 3, 2024
Dvorsky has 3 pts in 3 games in the AHL, don't think there is or has ever been any shot he's coming back.

Chovan is playing well in finish U20, don't think he's showing up this year either.
Dvorski isn't coming back I know that. What I mean is when they did the draft in June the idea possibly was same a spot for Dvorski, draft Chovan with an eye on him coming this season if not him coming next season along with Nemec.

Jan Chovan
U20 - 15 games - 5G/5A/10P

Adam Nemec
U20 - 10 Games - 8G/7A/15P
Slovak 2 - 7 Games - 3G/1A/4P
Slovak 1 - 1 Game - 0G/0A/0P

Only time will tell what happens with them but the GM made solid picks that if they come will be top line players.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Dvorski isn't coming back I know that. What I mean is when they did the draft in June the idea possibly was same a spot for Dvorski, draft Chovan with an eye on him coming this season if not him coming next season along with Nemec.

Jan Chovan
U20 - 15 games - 5G/5A/10P

Adam Nemec
U20 - 10 Games - 8G/7A/15P
Slovak 2 - 7 Games - 3G/1A/4P
Slovak 1 - 1 Game - 0G/0A/0P

Only time will tell what happens with them but the GM made solid picks that if they come will be top line players.
Drafting good imports is easy, getting them to report is the part that separates good GMs from bad.

agillarda

Jan 3, 2024
Drafting good imports is easy, getting them to report is the part that separates good GMs from bad.
Very true but also don't know what their teams in Finland and Slovakia gave them. If Chovan and Nemec only get minutes like Dvorski I can see them coming soon. At U20 they are Top 6 for sure, but if it ends up 4th line in the top league I can see them making the jump like Dvorski. Only time will tell though.

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
Chovan more likely to show this year than Nemec.
Chovan is ranked #25th overall for upcoming NHL Draft (early ranking). 6’3” and plays a heavy 200ft game who can score…

IMG_7711.png

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
I highly doubt that Niagara is going to trade their leading point producer with over a goal a game and two points a game player plus three, 2nds for a player who walked out on their team.

Fine. Kevin He by himself it is!

If there is a GM dumb enough to do the first trade it’s Niagara’s. They’ve proven it over the last two years. It doesn’t matter because Musty wouldn’t go anyways.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Musty not coming to Niagara he an American and tge Icedogs won’t pay for his education package. Kevin He going nowhere.
There will be no education $ to be paid for either player. You're right, He should be going nowhere; he is arguably the mvp at this time, and among the top few with 2+ years remaining.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Fine. Kevin He by himself it is!

If there is a GM dumb enough to do the first trade it’s Niagara’s. They’ve proven it over the last two years. It doesn’t matter because Musty wouldn’t go anyways.
Can you imagine that show those two trying to make a deal, would love to be a fly on the wall for that gong show🥴

Reactions: dirty12

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Musty not coming to Niagara he an American and tge Icedogs won’t pay for his education package. Kevin He going nowhere.
I agree no team would make that move. Imagine if Musty started out with Niagara during the rough times, he would have ask to be moved asap.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
I get being aggressive on the back check but you can't allow yourself to be put in a position where you need leverage with your legs to tie up the puck carrier. You will get called all the time for a slew foot. Just use your speed to swing your stick at the puck as opposed to tying the player up. With the amount of times he's been called on those he should be more aware. Somewhat disappointed he's putting his team in the position to kill off majors like that. In this case 7 minutes in one play.

WJ

Reactions: cub

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
I get being aggressive on the back check but you can't allow yourself to be put in a position where you need leverage with your legs to tie up the puck carrier. You will get called all the time for a slew foot. Just use your speed to swing your stick at the puck as opposed to tying the player up. With the amount of times he's been called on those he should be more aware. Somewhat disappointed he's putting his team in the position to kill off majors like that. In this case 7 minutes in one play.

WJ
Poor judgement made for sure. He's been lucky before on this type of play. Not so sure this time.

Reactions: cub

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Niagara looks like they are heading in the right direction. Why say Musty would have asked for a trade back when Niagara was struggling ?
you high. I'm mentioning the character of Musty, he would never wait it out like He.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad