Official 2024-25 Utah HC Season Discussion.

Prestigeworldwide

Apr 21, 2017
If we can get Jiricek for Schmaltz and and 2nds absolutely, but I would also have said that before Durzi's injury and the Marino news. Assuming that deal isn't on the table because it seems way too light from our side I'm cool with a stop gap or just calling up Koch
RT mentioned a 2026 first and Maccelli for Jiricek. This might make you sad to hear but I doubt we do that. Had we not resigned Durzi for 4 years along with trading for Marino I would be behind it. Kesselring/Koly have looked great so far this season and Mav Lam is not to far behind. Jiricek would fit our rebuild timeline but we may have a log jam of RD when guys get healthy.
Their seems to be some tension between the Jiricek and coach/GM(both are new and did not draft him). Hes only played in one game so far (11:23 min) and has been scratched the rest. If BA can buy low on the former #6 pick that would be great. Our 1st rd pick wouldnt be on the table for me though. We have a ton of wing depth and more prospects like But, Iginla, Lutz+ on the way.
I think more realistic trade would be Carcone and a mid/late rd pick for Liljegren.

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
RT mentioned a 2026 first and Maccelli for Jiricek. This might make you sad to hear but I doubt we do that. Had we not resigned Durzi for 4 years along with trading for Marino I would be behind it. Kesselring/Koly have looked great so far this season and Mav Lam is not to far behind. Jiricek would fit our rebuild timeline but we may have a log jam of RD when guys get healthy.
Their seems to be some tension between the Jiricek and coach/GM(both are new and did not draft him). Hes only played in one game so far (11:23 min) and has been scratched the rest. If BA can buy low on the former #6 pick that would be great. Our 1st rd pick wouldnt be on the table for me though. We have a ton of wing depth and more prospects like But, Iginla, Lutz+ on the way.
I think more realistic trade would be Carcone and a mid/late rd pick for Liljegren.
I wouldn't spend all on that Jiricek.

Columbus has a seriously weak D core and he's unable to crack it consistently. There's a reason for that. I am not impressed with his skating.

IF this team is trading Maccelli and a 1st, I'd hope it's for someone much more established.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad