Sudbury Wolves 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Musty, Giantomasso - Royston, Hammond, Molnar, and 4,4,6 picks
This is a joke right! Molnar has next to no value as he is a 3rd import and there isn't much of a market just like Chromiak going to Kitchener.

So Royston, Hammond and a couple of mid range picks for Musty and Digi. That seems fair. lol

We should get close to what Owen Sound got for Barlow.

WJ

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
This is a joke right! Molnar has next to no value as he is a 3rd import and there isn't much of a market just like Chromiak going to Kitchener.

So Royston, Hammond and a couple of mid range picks for Musty and Digi. That seems fair. lol

We should get close to what Owen Sound got for Barlow.

WJ

I happen to like Hammond and Royston for the wolves for three seasons, a lot. Molnar is an import in his final season with little trade value, but one that would probably be a pt/g for the wolves this season.

Giantomasso is just a non-rookie. Remove him if it makes you feel better

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
I happen to like Hammond and Royston for the wolves for three seasons, a lot. Molnar is an import in his final season with little trade value, but one that would probably be a pt/g for the wolves this season.

Giantomasso is just a non-rookie. Remove him if it makes you feel better
I'd be happy if you were the GM.

WJ

Homer refs in this game!

WJ

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
I really do think Musty would be good for Erie, and Butler good for Musty.

Both of those statements are true but if Musty is unwilling to accept Barney coaching him, why would he accept Butlers message? It’s almost certainly the same one he’s rejecting here.
Idk, that really depends on if Papineau feels the need to come away one very good player that takes away from Erie’s chances this season. I can think of a package that I like for for both sides, but that may not suit Papineau’s ego.

Papineaus ego? He needs to get the best deal possible for his team and if your proposed deal was actually on the table it’s a decent opening offer. Schafer, Challenger and Spence are off the table so the picks would have to be better

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
I continue to love Doucet, really gives an element that they'd not had in a while in my opinion, I feel like we'll look back on that pick in a few years and see what a steal it was.

Coughlan is definitely in the running for one of the most improves players in the OHL as well.

With Marshalls play I wonder if they look to pick up a younger goalie to back him up. If Marshall is going to get 60-70% of the starts, which it certainly looks like he deserves, no reason to keep a 19 year old backup around in Krawchuk.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
I really enjoyed this game, great team win.

Finn Marshall gives us a chance most games, he battles hard every game.

Coughlin playing very well for the Wolves, staying away from timely penalties.

I found Pharand looks good at center, gets lost playing on the wing.

Young D core all playing well.

I loved Villeneuve answer during interview at intermission when asked if they miss Musty, he nipped it in the butt, and said it has no affect on the team at all, focus is on the group we have, and we like the group we have, not going to worry about that we are good.

coaching staff has this team playing the right way kudos to them.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
How can you not love how this coaching team has these players working!!!

The development of Blonda with each game. The young players up front not afraid to take hits and stick up for each other after the whistle.

Adding Villy just changed the complexion of the offence. Imagine post Musty trade how this will impact the depth not to mention getting McCoy back.

Lastly Finn for the Win!!! Gotta love his confidence, the way he battles in the crease.

WJ

I really enjoyed this game, great team win.

Finn Marshall gives us a chance most games, he battles hard every game.

Coughlin playing very well for the Wolves, staying away from timely penalties.

I found Pharand looks good at center, gets lost playing on the wing.

Young D core all playing well.

I loved Villeneuve answer during interview at intermission when asked if they miss Musty, he nipped it in the butt, and said it has no affect on the team at all, focus is on the group we have, and we like the group we have, not going to worry about that we are good.

coaching staff has this team playing the right way kudos to them.
Agreed Pharand down the middle is his place.

WJ

Reactions: LostRangers and cub

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Well well well. Had a few drinks watching this game and OH MY what a pleasant outcome

Finnn Marshall get that face mask painted. The crease is yours. Solid performance

Jackson best game thus far. Very good defensively and jumped up in the rush nicely.

When the dust is settles (Musty situation) it will be interesting what if they do with Doucet and Dean. Both could use the ice time elsewhere to develop but, they were good today .We'll see what RP does

Blonda - feeling more and more comfortable back there

Delic looked much better. He needs to know that he needs to elevate his game and be consistent.

Villy helped bigtime with his addition and like he said Musty situation they ain't worried about. Well said.

I can go on and on but, total team effort today with positive results.

Lastly, hats off to Barney. Had his team ready to compete

Happy thanksgiving all!

Henderson and Clayton, how can you not love these guys. Hard working 200ft players. Might be best PK Duo in the O. These two exemplify the future mold of Wolves players.
This is true

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
If I might add C.C. has grown on me. Has def been a positive in this lineup.

Listen, ive been critical at times on RP. But overall he's made good management decisions overall. No GM is perfect but the only deal (correct me if wrong) that he can be questioned in is the FVV deal with Hamilton. Gave up too much.

What the wolves could use on the backend is a physical preference. Someone who could complement the others.

Couglan deal- Solid. DeAngelis - excellent value. Ewles - nice addition. Can't think of others at the moment.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad