Sudbury Wolves 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
I’m a Bulldogs fan but wanted to check out this thread for the updates on Musty. Maybe I am a homer for the league, but it’s getting frustrating hearing how the league is not good enough for guys like Musty, Cowan and Barlow. Should these guys be playing in the AHL? Probably but the way some media and fans talk you would think the OHL was a beer league. These guys will probably have long successful NHL careers and this extra year of playing in junior will mean nothing. People talk about how the league is not good for them yet they developed in this league the last 3 years to help them become the high rated prospects they are.

I am not going to pretend I am very knowledgeable on the Sudbury Wolves organization, but they must have done something right to help Musty get to be a 1st round NHL pick and close to the NHL. Or was it all Musty and the Wolves and the league did nothing to develop him?

End of rant ;)
If I'm not mistaken, I dont think Cowan has issues with returning to London. I believe I read that in an article few weeks back.
I mean I get it some think they have nothing to prove in junior but for some their options are limited.

Pharand needs to show a ton more.
But is he capable is the question.

Reactions: frontsfan67

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Malcolm ? Looks to be a 1st rounder for the 2025 NHL hockey draftt. Erie would hangup the phone.

And not sure why wolves think other teams want our castaways

That deal in no way benefits Erie
Believe what his thinking is, is that Musty and Pharand would help the Otters more this year than Spence will but next year when musty and (likely) Pharand move on to bigger and better things Spence will be back as a 19 year old in a year Sudbury looks poised to go for it. Didn’t include talking about molnar since you’re losing him regardless.

It won’t happen but thinking of it this way is pretty interesting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad