Sudbury Wolves 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
These comments of putting the teams interest above the players are a bit concerning. It’s like mandating your employees to accept a new policy, sure you have the right to do it but that doesn’t mean it’s the best idea.

If I am a player, I want a team to sell me on the features and benefits that the team will offer me. Musty had many options outside the OHL, I am only speculating, but could the conversation been something around building a championship team around him?

Clearly the playoff success hasn’t lived up to the vision the team had, maybe the kid wants to go on a run and doesn’t see it happening for the Wolves.

The team is not in existence to serve itself, it is to prepare and develop players for the next level. If Musty has other plans a good management team would support that decision and find the best fit for the player.

If you do this right, you get the reputation of being a player centric destination that players want to be apart of.

The picks won’t matter in ten years how you treat people leaving your organization can impact a lifetime.
No one ever said the Wolves weren’t gonna treat Musty properly. The Wolves will do best for him and every player. Put the shoe on the other foot and do a deep dive into how the player has treated the organization over the past three years. That will be remembered well past 10 years. My understanding of the situation is This “I wanna be traded”issue was a surprise to all and by not working with the team towards the trade and sitting at home is the choice of the player. The team statement indicates he is welcome back at anytime, but now under the circumstances dictated by the player, the Wolves need to make him happy while trying to get value back.. In other words, the player has pushed the team into a corner and a position of disadvantage.
Musty will be traded but it appears they won’t take the first low ball offer. To say the Wolves don’t develop or have the best interest of their players is messed up. The team has had more 1st round NHL picks in past 5 years as any team (Musty included).

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
I disagree with the suggestion that take less value just to get rid of him, is that how you build for the future?
I am not suggesting Sudbury trade him for a lesser return just to get rid of him. Quit the opposite. I think they need to hold out for his true value. Players should not be allowed to dictate where they play unless there is a reason like the situation with the two Ottawa players which were for personal needs or for an reason were it best for the player to move on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad