Sudbury Wolves 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Nobody blames Papineau and the old man McKenzie for him wanting out ? When you get a 1st overall pick your job is to teach him all aspects of the game. Wolves didn’t care about his dev and only exploited his natural offensive qualities. He should have played the pk like Cowan, Ritchie and others had to learn. I can understand his frustration. It’s the main reason nobody wants to play here. I hope he gets a fresh start on a contending team.
Rule #1. It's always Musty's fault.

agillarda

Jan 3, 2024
So you’ll hang in to him till Jan 1?
Sounds like they are prepared to wait, however; I think it will get done sooner than later. I doubt like Molnar that Musty wants to sit at home. Musty's agent and San Jose will help behind the scenes get a deal done.

Agent Allan Walsh has said agents at times play a role in trades being made.

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Disgraced and unemployed Joke Marek trying to stay relevant by stirring the pot.

Interesting that Musty is being eviscerated for requesting a trade but Barlow pretty much got a free pass after doing the exact same thing. Especially when the reason behind the request hasn’t been explained yet.

Reactions: djscooter

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
Nobody blames Papineau and the old man McKenzie for him wanting out ? When you get a 1st overall pick your job is to teach him all aspects of the game. Wolves didn’t care about his dev and only exploited his natural offensive qualities. He should have played the pk like Cowan, Ritchie and others had to learn. I can understand his frustration. It’s the main reason nobody wants to play here. I hope he gets a fresh start on a contending team.

The coaching staff caters to Musty last year, lets him take 2-3 minute shifts, lets him yell at his teammates and coaches and takes very selfish penalties with no consequences all year? It's managements fault for allowing this behavior yes however the player also should not have behaved that way and may not have with some stronger leadership. Musty learned some 200 ft play and some discipline from Derek MacKenzie but he (and others) conveniently forgot it under Ken MacKenzie.

Either way, the trade request has little to do with management as Musty did show up to camp. It is not San Jose driven either.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
I would bet my life that meeting with the GM may have been a major factor on Mustys decision to leave. Sorry if it sounds like a rant but this guy should not be in control after his dismal workings last season.. Let’s just hope this is not the start of things to come. Wake up Dario

Reactions: cobra9850

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Longer it goes, more it'll kill the wolves chance at recruiting Americans going forward. But based on this thread certain folks will be happy about that.

I cannot understand the ridiculous bias that many people carry.

It’s almost as if they’d prefer to lose with their favourites than win with ones they have a personal vendetta against.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Musty preseason game against the Soo, tells you all about his progress. Back to back penalties, also didn't have Dvorsky or Goyette to set him up to score. He couldn't score against Soo team who was basically all rookies.

Have a feeling it didn't go well with the new coaching staff after that game.

Byfield developed well in Sudbury, embraced the community, coachable, and admired by his teammates. Now quality player in the NHL. A player character goes hand in hand in their development.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
He couldn't score against Soo team who was basically all rookies.
1728406244403.png

I guess Villeneuve who actually had 0 points is toast as well?

The comment about not having Goyette is rich too given Goyette had almost all the same weaknesses as Musty, lackluster defensive play, yelling at teamates, etc.

Reactions: frontsfan67

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Musty preseason game against the Soo, tells you all about his progress. Back to back penalties, also didn't have Dvorsky or Goyette to set him up to score. He couldn't score against Soo team who was basically all rookies.

Have a feeling it didn't go well with the new coaching staff after that game.

Byfield developed well in Sudbury, embraced the community, coachable, and admired by his teammates. Now quality player in the NHL. A player character goes hand in hand in their development.
Musty only cared about Musty. That's a problem. Numberous time he took retaliated penalties after getting checked ( which he never did)

I Loveallsports

Apr 13, 2010
What are wolves fans hoping coming back our way. What ever deal they make Id like some 2nd round pics for this coming draft. Think we have a few for 2 drafts from now.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
What are wolves fans hoping coming back our way. What ever deal they make Id like some 2nd round pics for this coming draft. Think we have a few for 2 drafts from now.

I believe the wolves have their own 2,3 picks and a KGN 2nd for the ‘25 draft; and get their 2, 4 picks back from Kitchener for the ‘26 draft. The wolves are loaded with picks.

I would like to see an ‘06 D and an ‘07 forward for Musty. Even more, I’d prefer three players with zero picks return.
I think Barrie, Kingston, London could all do that.

I Loveallsports

Apr 13, 2010
I believe the wolves have their own 2,3 picks and a KGN 2nd for the ‘25 draft; and get their 2, 4 picks back from Kitchener for the ‘26 draft. The wolves are loaded with picks.

I would like to see an ‘06 D and an ‘07 forward for Musty. Even more, I’d prefer three players with zero picks return.
I think Barrie, Kingston, London could all do that.
What players would you want from those teams

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
London list of 06/07 that may be available are:

FWD
Bidgood
Van Gorp
Van Bommel
Gerber
Read
Boulton
Arrowsmith

D
Fagan
Jenken
Spencer

G
Wilson

agillarda

Jan 3, 2024
I personally think this is going to be a deal with Erie makes too much sense, with their already supposedly being a deal for Molnar, just needs to be expanded.

With the lack of picks early that erie has it's a 2 part deal like some as suggested with a McCoy or Deangelis going for Challenger later.

My thought is upfront

To Erie
Musty

To Sudbury
Molnar
Royston
2x2nd
2x3rd

If we were talking Flint

To Flint
Musty

To Sudbury