Sudbury Wolves 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
What players would you want from those teams

Vellaris, Williamson, Weir - Musty, McCoy

Handsor, Newton & Newton - Musty

I personally think this is going to be a deal with Erie makes too much sense, with their already supposedly being a deal for Molnar, just needs to be expanded.

With the lack of picks early that erie has it's a 2 part deal like some as suggested with a McCoy or Deangelis going for Challenger later.

My thought is upfront

To Erie
Musty

To Sudbury
Molnar
Royston
2x2nd
2x3rd

If we were talking Flint

To Flint
Musty

To Sudbury
2 of Lombardi, Martin or Pitre
2x2nd
2x3rd
1x4
1x5

Would need to sub Misiak for Molnar or Erie could not accept (any OA)

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
would be in jan but could be McCoy for Armis or Fimis plus Challenger.

Since the start of ‘24, Fimis is quite a bit better than any wolves OA player.
I don’t think Erie would want to part with two imports; so if you’re pitching an OA D, it has to be quick for Misiak.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
How about Brantford has a possible destination? Contender. A ton of high picks to move. Only an extra 30 min or so drive (and border crossing) to his hometown than Erie is.

Reactions: tjziel

Jawk

Sep 29, 2021
How about Brantford has a possible destination? Contender. A ton of high picks to move. Only an extra 30 min or so drive (and border crossing) to his hometown than Erie is.
Brantford will be using their draft capital to fix the D. I'd be shocked if they did anything for a high end forward.

Reactions: tjziel and dirty12

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Probably the best place for development for the player is with Stan Butler. On a personal level, close to home on a competitive team that will make a run this season. Now the “ Challanger” in all this is to get a return of value…
I see what ya did there.. haha

What’s SBY’s window like for next year? I say this because a possible pt 2 could look like Erie sending Spence and/or Schaefer to SBY next year with a bit of a discount. Or Erie could be open to moving someone like Dylan Edwards who has this year + OA season next year.

My guess on why SBY released a statement is because they want to make it known that they won’t accept a low ball offer, they are willing to be patient and they want the appearance to be that they can still salvage things with the player. While also making the player know “we will take our time here.” Idk, that to me smells like a situation where the player has not only made the trade demand but has given them a short list of who he will go to that the team is hoping time will either buy them more offers or Musty will expand his list?

Donnie740

May 28, 2021

Brantford? A contender?

Maybe they’re “contending” for 3rd place in the division, but they’re definitely not contending for a championship.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad