Around The League Thread | Let the Games Begin

Dana Murzyn

Oct 5, 2005
Finally checked out the Amazon series. I fast-forwarded through a couple episodes but here’s what stood out for me:

- When Quinn Hughes was given the captaincy, his response was to start reading more books. Amazing.

- Coach’s locker room speeches are profoundly dull and uninspiring every single time.

- Paul Maurice is a clown, as I’ve always suspected. Trying way too hard to be Darryl Sutter. "Breathe out of your mouth, not your asshole." What? Playing to the cameras so so hard.

- Connor McDavid is so staggeringly uncomfortable with human interaction that it’s almost enough to make me sympathetic towards him. But I still don’t want him to win, ever.

- Draisaitl – meh. The intercutting between the palm trees of Florida and the barren wasteland of Northern Alberta is really stark. It’s not in the show, but you have to give props to a dude from Germany who could play anywhere he wants and chooses to sign in Edmonton long term. But still, I never want him to win, ever.

- The Nylander-Pastrnak episode is maybe the best one. Interesting friendship/rivalry and they become more likeable as it goes along. Plus, it contains high amounts of Leafs despair.

Overall it’s pretty watchable. If the Canucks were ever to win the cup, and there was this kind of show about it, I’d probably watch it once a year until I died.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
- Connor McDavid is so staggeringly uncomfortable with human interaction that it’s almost enough to make me sympathetic towards him. But I still don’t want him to win, ever.
i want him to win immediately when he leaves the oilers. because that will make oilers fans even sadder.

Reactions: Dana Murzyn

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I heard yesterday Raymond Ferraro is doing this opening game and then flying to Utah to do that game tonight as well :0

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad