Sudbury Wolves 2023-2024 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I'm in for moving Musty for a big return, I like what Missy did few years ago traded all their high end vets got quality youth players.
I’m not sure there will be as many first picks moved this year as the previous two. I do think the wolves are well positioned to re-tool just as effectively though.

Brampton and Kingston have open spots for DeAngelis and McCoy. Barrie could, probably should improve one or two of their OA spots. And while many would not agree, I think Musty would be better for Barrie than Barlow.
Those teams have some potentially very good 2006-07 to move out to make room for additions.

I’d like to be present for Papineau telling Zulich the plan is to sell for the third time in four seasons.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Yeah in my opinion Sudbury would be real smart to trade musty while you still can if this is the price for top tier players.

Sudbury is not competing with Brampton or Barrie to start, Kingston should be better, Oshawa should be better than them, and Branford is just getting started. Best they finish is 6th with or without musty
for public sake they are making noise about competing again, not sure if they actually believe that.

Reactions: frontsfan67

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Our GM has poor Dario convinced they are a contender this season with all the smart moves he made at the deadline.This is the guy running the show. You make your own conclusions. Revamp coaching staff, make trades whatever nothing will matter till this incompetent guy is gone, sorry to say.

Reactions: WolvesFan

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
I’d like to be present for Papineau telling Zulich the plan is to sell for the third time in four seasons.

June 4, 2024 “…we are making important moves to strengthen our team and position ourselves for a deep run this season,” said Sudbury Wolves Owner Dario Zulich. “I am fully aligned with and supportive of Rob Papineau’s strategic decisions. Our shared goal is clear: to go deep into the playoffs and bring home a championship. ”

Contrary to what most believe is the right thing to do, the two of them clearly have an alternate plan beyond the necessary movement of a few OAs (Delic, Mauro, Yearwood, Van Vliet, DeAngelis, McCoy, Vandenberg). Sudbury will be an interesting team to track.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
June 4, 2024 “…we are making important moves to strengthen our team and position ourselves for a deep run this season,” said Sudbury Wolves Owner Dario Zulich. “I am fully aligned with and supportive of Rob Papineau’s strategic decisions. Our shared goal is clear: to go deep into the playoffs and bring home a championship. ”

Contrary to what most believe is the right thing to do, the two of them clearly have an alternate plan beyond the necessary movement of a few OAs (Delic, Mauro, Yearwood, Van Vliet, DeAngelis, McCoy, Vandenberg). Sudbury will be an interesting team to track.

Right now I believe the wolves can be every bit as good as Kingston and Oshawa, and ahead of Brantford. Barrie getting both of their imports and Brampton getting Rehkopf [‘should’] cause the wolves to pause, at least until news of the great fortune that Musty and Dvorsky return.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Yeah in my opinion Sudbury would be real smart to trade musty while you still can if this is the price for top tier players.

Sudbury is not competing with Brampton or Barrie to start, Kingston should be better, Oshawa should be better than them, and Branford is just getting started. Best they finish is 6th with or without musty

I am of the opinion that the wolves will end up in the position that selling is the best option.
But your statement is just Bonkers. Kingston cannot match Musty vs Battaglia; Delic, Villeneuve vs Guindon, Hopkins; DeAngelis, McCoy vs …? to start. And do not have more picks than the wolves or an ‘08 to move out for additions.
I really do like the probability of break-out seasons by more ‘05s of Kingston than Sudbury though.

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
the roster will be worse
But better coached

Both of you are correct. Number one need now to to figure out their goaltending

This will be an interesting sports science project. Can a Team with less so called superstars, plays a team game and great coaches be more successful than a team of highly skilled players where not everyone was treated equal with sub par coaching at best? The results and process should be fun to watch.

We've already seen that miniseries. That was North Bay vs Sudbury in the playoffs last year

Reactions: Wolf on a Wire

Howling In 16

Apr 11, 2012
Surley every thing must be set by now, it wouldn't hurt to release the info so people can plan instead of afew days before.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad