Confirmed with Link: RIP Johnny & Matthew Gaudreau

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
No it's not "interesting". It's one of the shittiest days that family will ever experience and it's been turned into a f***ing spectacle. We don't need to know who is grieving and how badly.
Do you ever have a day where you're not nasty to someone? I swear, I don't know anyone who is offended as much as you. Give us all a break and go outside and take your shoes and socks off to feel grass between your toes.. and relax. Or just stop posting for a while.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Do you ever have a day where you're not nasty to someone? I swear, I don't know anyone who is offended as much as you. Give us all a break and go outside and take your shoes and socks off to feel grass between your toes.. and relax. Or just stop posting for a while.
Literally nothing I said was nasty to anyone.

JPeeper

R.I.P. Johnny and Matthew Gaudreau
Jan 4, 2015
It would be interesting to know which NHL players and associates were at the funeral. Was Gio there? Bennett? Tkachuk? Conroy? Sutter? Lindholm?

Based off the parts I watched of the service, Chucky was there and I believe Zadorov was in the same pew as well (it was the back/side of his head, but I'm 99% sure it was him), Ryan Leslie was there sitting next to Tre, Conroy was there.

Monahan was one of the Pallbearers along with Kevin Hayes, those were the two I recognized when they were walking the coffin out. Monahan looked absolutely devastated walking out.

I skipped through parts so there could be guys I missed.

Reactions: super6646 and Rubi

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
No it's not "interesting". It's one of the shittiest days that family will ever experience and it's been turned into a f***ing spectacle. We don't need to know who is grieving and how badly.
The family put a f***ing camera in the church and broadcast it on the internet. Relax

Reactions: Rubi

Youngguns1380

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
I would like to say the class the Calgary fans & Team has shown for Johnny Guadreau has been nothing short of total respect from me.

I never followed another team than the CBJ since they came into the league, but Calgary is my Team in West and obviously still following the CBJ as my favorite.

👏👏👏

BRobMint

Formerly known as Hockey Ninja
Apr 24, 2013
Cleveland, OH (Grew up in Calgary)
I just got tickets for the Flames/Blue Jackets game in Columbus in November. Gonna be very emotional, but I want to be there for it

I would like to say the class the Calgary fans & Team has shown for Johnny Guadreau has been nothing short of total respect from me.

I never followed another team than the CBJ since they came into the league, but Calgary is my Team in West and obviously still following the CBJ as my favorite.

👏👏👏
We're all in this together man. Johnny meant a lot to both of our favorite teams. It's still hard to process that him and his brother went out the way they did

Sep 13, 2009
I'm interested to see how the Flames honor the Gaudreau brothers. For Johnny, I'd like to see the Flames honor him in 3 ways:

1. The #13 should be painted behind both nets.
2. A #13 shoulder patch should be worn on the jerseys. And,
3. When the time is right, #13 should be raised to the rafters. This can be done in either the 2024/2025 or 2025/2026 season.

As for Matty, this one's a little more difficult as he never played for the Flames, but I'd like to see the Flames wear his college number (#21) on the side of their helmets. I wouldn't be opposed to a shoulder patch and/or painting his number alongside Johnny's as well.

I still can't believe they're gone.

Last edited:

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010

Signs, messages, and chalk: The site has been precisely photographed including all chalk drawings, posters, signs, personal letters, and messages. The photographs will be provided to the Gaudreau family as an everlasting digital memory book from Flames fans.

Hockey Sticks: Hockey stick benches will be created that will be used in fundraising efforts for local charities. Plaques identifying the benches’ origins will include "In memory of Johnny & Matthew Gaudreau".

Skittles: The edible items that are no longer fit for human consumption will be counted and the Calgary Flames Foundation will make a commensurate financial contribution to the Calgary Food Bank.

Purple Sports Drinks: The plastic beverage containers will be emptied and donated to the KidSport Calgary recycling program. The program turns empties into sport opportunities for local kids in need, the access to sports.

Stuffed Toys: Toys made of cloth and cotton such as Teddy Bears will be donated to Parachutes for Pets, a charity supported by Mikael Backlund and Mackenzie Weegar. These will be used for the Lily and Dexter’ Legacy program - a groundbreaking program ensuring children in care can stay with their pets by providing essential support such as leashes, collars, vet care, vaccines, and licensing, created by the Backlund family.

Jerseys: The jerseys will be laundered and used to design blankets that will be donated to local charitable organizations.

Flowers: All organics will be collected and sent to compost. Soil from the flowers will be deposited in the earth at community park(s) around the city.

Miscellaneous Items: The remaining items will be reviewed following the completion of sorting.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I'm interested to see how the Flames honor the Gaudreau brothers. For Johnny, I'd like to see the Flames honor him in 3 ways:

3. When the time is right, #13 should be raised to the rafters. This can be done in either the 2024/2025 or 2025/2026 season.

As for Matty, this one's a little more difficult as he never played for the Flames, but I'd like to see the Flames wear his college number (#21) on the side of their helmets. I wouldn't be opposed to a shoulder patch and/or painting his number alongside Johnny's as well.

I agree with 1 and 2 and I think that's very likely what we'll see, but I don't think Gaudreau will/should have his jersey retired here.

I say that because I don't believe he would've been a candidate for jersey retirement had he not died. The jersey retirement is meant to be an honour for what players did during their careers in Calgary, and his death does not change that.

If he was still playing for Calgary at the time, I think there would be a strong argument to project what would've been during the rest of his career, but as things stand I don't think his time in Calgary was enough to achieve jersey retirement. If it was, MacInnis' #2 would be retired.

We'll see what they do. Forever a Flame would be a good and appropriate option.

Fig

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014

Makes you want to give Guy and Jane a hug. Absolutely heartbreaking.

Matthew did play a few games for the Stockton heat. A #21 tribute by the Wranglers is probably not out of the question though.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I agree with 1 and 2 and I think that's very likely what we'll see, but I don't think Gaudreau will/should have his jersey retired here.

I say that because I don't believe he would've been a candidate for jersey retirement had he not died. The jersey retirement is meant to be an honour for what players did during their careers in Calgary, and his death does not change that.

If he was still playing for Calgary at the time, I think there would be a strong argument to project what would've been during the rest of his career, but as things stand I don't think his time in Calgary was enough to achieve jersey retirement. If it was, MacInnis' #2 would be retired.

We'll see what they do. Forever a Flame would be a good and appropriate option.

His death definitely changed it for me. It put him in a different category.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad