OT: Stutzle’s drop in production

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
Well, he disclosed that he got a wrist injury in game 4 that was bugging him all year, so maybe that?

Yep. Couldn't shoot all year, forcing him to be over reliant on passing. He mentioned a shoulder issue too. I remember him wiring a few goals in pre-season before his wrist was hurt.

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
Very few players are consistently at the top of their games year after year. You can count players without dips in their production on two hands. They are very rare. Stutzle's drop is nothing to be worried about. We've seen what he's capable of. He's not even in his prime yet. I predict a monster year for him next season.

Reactions: aragorn

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Doesn't have to be 39g, but has to be a lot more than 18. I'd settle for a solid 30g, but then hope he has like 80assists lol

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
Growing pains, roster setup. This is the point where some Sens GMs ship out the young player for an established player on the backside of their career and in 2 years that player is kaput and the traded player is a star with the new team.

Patience.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Is it not common knowledge that we've discussed already? I think the waffler (can't recall the exact user name, sorry) actually called the exact injury and when it happened

Reactions: Dionysus

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
If he had Mark Stone passing him the puck instead of Erik Brannstrom he would have scored 19 goals

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Did Stu or Chabby have wrist surgery in the off season, never heard they did, so assuming no.
Chabby didn’t last summer, even though had wrist issues, went the off season rest issue.
I assume Stu’s neck/ shoulder issue is fine, as removed the athletic strips towards the end of the season.

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
Did Stu or Chabby have wrist surgery in the off season, never heard they did, so assuming no.
Chabby didn’t last summer, even though had wrist issues, went the off season rest issue.
I assume Stu’s neck/ shoulder issue is fine, as removed the athletic strips towards the end of the season.
Chabot had surgery this summer:

Stützle didn’t need surgery from what I remember.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
I was convinced he was going to hit 100pts, and then not long after the season started, I realised it wasn;t going to happen. He just didn't look liuke he took the step forward I was expecting him to take.

Maybe it was the injury - but it's tough to say. He just didn't look himself almost the entire year IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad