Stuart Skinner, the worst goaler since Michael Leighton in SCF?

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
I like the bloke, but putting any bias aside, he has to be the worst goaler since Michael Leighton in 2010 to make the Stanley Cup Finals, no?

Change my mind concerning this because there have been a lot of bad ones, but even Kuemper with the Avs in 2022 is better than Skinner.
Leading up to the SCF? Maybe. During the SCF?

Had better numbers than Bob.

Heck those are better numbers than Kuemper from 2 years ago in the SCF.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Consider that he plays behind Kulak Ceci Nurse Bouchard and Broberg the other 35 minutes each night, he's pretty good. Oilers only have one solid pair, he's doing the best he can.

DuklaNation

Aug 26, 2004
pic7673591.jpg

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
I'm not sure about the losing goalies, but of goalies who won the cup he would've been the worst statistically in 20+ years.

Khrox

May 31, 2018
Here's the thing, Skinner would most likely look significantly better on literally any other playoff team this year. Edmonton's defensive systems aren't exactly goalie-friendly, and haven't been for a *long* time. There's a reason almost any goalie (mostly backups) developed or playing in Edmonton look significantly better on other teams. The last time Edmonton had a home-grown starting goaltender was Devan Dubnyk, who upon leaving basically had 2 different teams (Nashville and Montreal) both say "he needed to be re-taught the basics of goaltending because of how he had to adapt to be able to play in Edmonton". Within a couple years he was literally considered an all-star (one 2nd team, and 3 ASG appearances, all with the Wild). And I feel like Skinner would probably have the same kind of situation happen if he went somewhere else

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad