• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Sandbagged is a bit extreme, but there's every reason to think that elite athletes of their experience understand how to manage their workloads over the course of a potentially 9-month season. Zib obviously just went through a couple slumps this year too, but at the end of the day it's unrealistic to expect guys to give 110% percent every game and stay healthy through 82-110 games.

Nolan Ryan wasn't throwing 100 every pitch either, but he was still able to do when he wanted to. That's not sandbagging, that's just load management.

The difference is Ryan would still live at 95-97 when he wasn't gassing it up to triple digits.

There were long stretches where it looked like both of those guys were going at 50%.

If this is the trade off, I'm more than cool with it.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
Vesey has been making really bone headed plays especially late in games for the last two months. Almost cost us tonight at the end of regulation. Would like to get Rempe back in; they are going to need him vs the Atlantic winner. If there were like 12 guys outright better (which I thought would be the case) leave him out. But I can’t shake the feeling our best 12 includes him and Chytil. Everyone runs a short bench this time of year
Get to 6 PK forwards without Vesey.

clmetsfan

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2007
The difference is Ryan would still live at 95-97 when he wasn't gassing it up to triple digits.

There were long stretches where it looked like both of those guys were going at 50%.

If this is the trade off, I'm more than cool with it.
I think 50% is an exaggeration, but still, if 2 of your top 3 goal scorers can conserve that much energy and still win the President's Trophy and their first 7 playoff games, I'm also cool with it.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I was pretty confident we were gonna finish it 2-1. Just a lucky, broken play to tie it.
giphy.gif

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Get to 6 PK forwards without Vesey.

Cocko and vesebone battling for worst forward recently, although I thought KK was much better tonight and Vesey got the boys jumping with the fight. I have confidence in the coaching staff to make he difficult decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad