Post-Game Talk: Storm Serj

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
Rammer got let go because he mishandled Lindgren and who knows who else. You know how this team has been crazy lucky with injuries over the last several years? Maybe they actually haven’t been, and the previous regime was allowing them to play through things that they shouldn’t have.
Is this the Dolan fluff story? That's not what I read.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
I agree. No true intent to injure, but definitely had Fox in a vulnerable position and Aho wanted to slow him down and interfered because of a wooops! moment when Fox was heading one and he was going the other.

He needs to answer the bell next time we see them. He's clearly doesn't want anything to do with Trouba so let him fight Kreider or Trocek. Can't injure a guy on an illegal play and just go about your business.

How the f*** the refs missed that interference is beyond me. NYR player skating to a danger zone and gets knocked down. Or the 2 high sticks missed as well. No, let's harp on a missed icing call boohoo

That Aho turns into Fox as the puck is 30 feet away and going north along the wall is also completely f***ing weird.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
The Tom Wilson comp we've heard for years looks pretty on the mark. Hopefully he doesnt have the headhunting tendency too.
I hated and still hate that comparison. Cuylie is not quite as heavy a hitter, is not nasty/dirty with his stick, not as good of a shot, barely mucks it up after the whistle, and is not a smiling asshole to his opponents (all of which I'd love). Cuylie finishes his checks, and is willing to drop the gloves, and scored a ton when he was older than 80% of the junior league but that's about it with regard to Wilson.

He's still developing of course but he will never be Tom Wilson, or Tom Wilson light, it's just not his play style.

Reactions: egelband

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Take it for what its worth but just now on Sirius NHL radio a Ranger fan (who regularly calls in) said he heard from a good source (adam fox dad) that it's a sprained MCL.
get the stem cells and peptides ready

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
That Aho turns into Fox as the puck is 30 feet away and going north along the wall is also completely f***ing weird.
I think he initially thought Fox was getting a pass (Aho's back was to the puck due to genius Man to Man D) so he turned to stick check Fox, then realized no puck so he couldn't and last ditch tried to impede him a teeeeeeeeensy bit, ya know just a lil' incidental knee clip woooopsie! And the refs bought it

Strap this puppy to Fox, add a little duct tape, rub some 'tussin on it and he'll be good to go next game

1699030774274.png

Reactions: will1066

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
Looked like wrist to me on Fil. He was holding it on the bench after that collision and that was what was speculated in pre season when he got hurt the first time. It’s assumed that that’s why he wasn’t taking draws early on.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Looked like wrist to me on Fil. He was holding it on the bench after that collision and that was what was speculated in pre season when he got hurt the first time. It’s assumed that that’s why he wasn’t taking draws early on.
I guess that's better than the noggin.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
I think he initially thought Fox was getting a pass (Aho's back was to the puck due to genius Man to Man D) so he turned to stick check Fox, then realized no puck so he couldn't and last ditch tried to impede him a teeeeeeeeensy bit, ya know just a lil' incidental knee clip woooopsie! And the refs bought it

Strap this puppy to Fox, add a little duct tape, rub some 'tussin on it and he'll be good to go next game

View attachment 762451

Eff that. I want full body armor like Cruise in Edge of Tomorrow.

• Haha
Reactions: Boris Zubov

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
By this logic why is mackinnon not the captain for the avs? The best player is not always the captain. By your logic shesty should also be the captain

I’m going to need more definition on what pack a lunch means categorically lol
Henrik was the de facto Captain for most of his tenure.

I never said it was about the best player... I just think the guy that forced his way here & looks like as close to a NYR "lifer" as players get these days might end up wearing the C after Trouba

But it's all speculation.

I'll put my savings account on Laf never being named NYR captain.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Can't see him having a long career, Chytil was my fav of the three, but he may never play a full season.

Malkin played all 82 games last season at age 36 after a decade of almost never hitting 70 games in any given season.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Malkin played all 82 games last season at age 36 after a decade of almost never hitting 70 games in any given season.

Not really comparable, because Chytil plays at full tilt with horse blinders on. The way he moves about just looking straight ahead with almost no peripheral vision is highly dangerous.

Reactions: egelband and CLW

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
This is why I've said over and over that the Rangers didn't want to commit to Chytil as their "only" 2C and a big reason why they got Trochek for that role. All the talk was "can Chytil step in and fill that role with Strome gone or do the Rangers fill it elsewhere??" then fans were mad that they didn't go all in on Chytil and oops here we are again with him injured on a nothing play

I really do love Chytil when he's in the lineup and playing well but you have to assume he's going to spend time injured and more time getting back into real game form when he returns.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
So..... Does Tro play with Panarin or does Goodrow get bumped up? Who knows, maybe even Brodz gets a look

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
wow the people on the main board trying to contort themselves into a pretzel to explain how no really it's Fox's fault for running into Aho and how Aho is 100% allowed to skate into a guy because "the 'Canes play man on man"

just incredible

I don't think it was dirty, I think Rupp's take is extremely even handed and accurate. Aho saw he was getting beat and tried to get a piece of Fox and should have been interference.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
wow the people on the main board trying to contort themselves into a pretzel to explain how no really it's Fox's fault for running into Aho and how Aho is 100% allowed to skate into a guy because "the 'Canes play man on man"

just incredible

I don't think it was dirty, I think Rupp's take is extremely even handed and accurate. Aho saw he was getting beat and tried to get a piece of Fox and should have been interference.

Devil and Islander fans really showing their stupidity in that thread.

One of the reasons why I'm going to f***ing laugh my ass off when a certain Devil inevitably gets hurt. Don't wish it upon him, but that f***ing trash bag fanbase deserves it.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Only because the rest of our division sucks.

Rangers, Devils, Canes, Islanders.

Then you have middling Columbus.

And an over the hill Capitals, Penguins.

... And the Flyers.
I'll put that top 4 against the top 4 in any division. The Metro has arguably been the best division in hockey the last few years and the Canes have been at the top of it. They are good and it's not because the bottom half is mediocre and the Caps and Penguins have seen better days.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017

just incredible

A lot of main board posters were deprived of oxygen at birth it seems. Went there for 2 seconds yesterday and immediately regretted it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad