Proposal: Stl-TB

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Schwartz isn't one of the best wingers in the game good. Sorry.

I think Kucherov is far better, but hey, what do I know.

Yea...I don't think the gap is that big. Schwartz is 1yr removed from 63pts in 73 games and put up 22pts in 33 games after breaking his ankle and missing 3/4 of the season. So while he's not the best LW, I'd say he's one of the best. Now you may ask...what's the best? Top 10-15.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Schwartz is a LW while Kucherov is a RW. The RW position has far more elite depth than LW. Repeating here but being among the top 10 in you're position makes you one of the best in the league. Schwartz definitely is among the top 10 LW's.

I guess, but your tip-toeing that line between logical fallacy and objective observation. Schwartz is good, no need for sensationalism and backwards rationalizing.

bluetuned

Mar 1, 2013
Chicago
Schwartz isn't one of the best wingers in the game good. Sorry.

I think Kucherov is far better, but hey, what do I know.

In '14-15 (Schwartz missed most of last season with a pretty badly broken ankle) Schwartz had 28G and 63P. He was 8th among LWs with a .84 PPG pace.

Kucherov's last two years are very close to those numbers: 29 and 30G, 65 and 66P. 0.79 and 0.86 PPG. Schwartz's numbers generally came playing with a center who is a much weaker player in Lehtera.

I'll give the edge to Kucherov because he's been amazing in the playoffs, but the two aren't all that far apart. You're underrating Schwartz pretty significantly if you say he's not one of the best wingers in the league. Given his all-around game, I'd say he's in the Top 5-10 of LWs. I'd put Kucherov as a Top 5 RW.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad