Proposal: Stl-TB

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

VoynovsParoleOfficer

Jun 13, 2015
St Louis: Nikita Kucherov (RFA) & Andrej Sustr

Tampa Bay: Colton Parayko & 2nd round pick 2017

Stl: Tarasenko gets a Russian winger to light it up with, downgrade heavily on D but replace Parayko with Sustr

Tb: after Hedman, Stamkos, Killorn, Namestnikov signings struggling to find right deal for kuchy give up 2nd best offensive player and in return receive stud D man to play next to Hedman or Stralsy

Brendonhayden

Jan 25, 2016
blues say no but one of the better Parayko proposals I have seen. We don't have the cap space unless you wanna take back lethera but even then we still say no. Parayko has way to much potential to trade him. If you would do something around shatty then we can talk. Mabye shattenkirk Ivan barbashev and 2017 first for Kucherov and 2017 second

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
I am pretty sure the Blues say no. With Shattenkirk leaving next year, I don't see the incentive for the Blues to trade Parayko. But one can imagine a pairing of Hedman-Parayko. 2 6'6 monsters

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
No from this Blues fan, and I am one of the few who actually advocated trading Parayko. This probably won't go over with the rest. I only advocated trading him for the right assets and overpayment. I think we could have gotten an insane haul from Edmonton before NJ got their Hall. Kucherov, while great and valuable is not our biggest need. We have other wings to play with Tarasenko: Steen, Schwartz, Fabbri. We don't have centers to play with him (at least until Fabbri is comfortable playing there). Further Kucherov is teeny tiny, like Schwartz and Fabbri. Half our top 6 would be 5'11" or shorter and less than 180 lbs.

I think if we shopped Parayko, we could still get a better offer. If not, I'd rather keep him. So good value, decent try, but no thank you.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Why would Tampa consider this? Parayko and Sustr are pretty much a wash so we trade Kucherov for a 2nd, that's horrible.

bluetuned

Mar 1, 2013
Chicago
I'm not looking to trade Parayko, but Kucherov would definitely make me consider it. A top 6 with Tarasenko, Schwartz, Fabbri, and Kucherov on the wings is just sick.

I'd imagine that the Blues would be much more inclined to try and keep Shattenkirk in this case, too. Financially it doesn't really work for the Blues. They'll be right around the cap if/when Sobotka comes back, and Kucherov will be pretty costly whenever he signs.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
blues say no but one of the better Parayko proposals I have seen. We don't have the cap space unless you wanna take back lethera but even then we still say no. Parayko has way to much potential to trade him. If you would do something around shatty then we can talk. Mabye shattenkirk Ivan barbashev and 2017 first for Kucherov and 2017 second

No way the blues say no to this. Kucherov is a legitimate top 10 scoring threat in the NHL his talent is through the roof.

bluetuned

Mar 1, 2013
Chicago
No way the blues say no to this. Kucherov is a legitimate top 10 scoring threat in the NHL his talent is through the roof.

Lots of folks around the league think Parayko will be a #1 D within a few years. Not as easy of a decision as you might think.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Parayko had 23 even strength points and Sustr had 21, while playing almost 3 more minutes a game. Parayko isn't better than Stralman so will be a 2nd pair defender. No need in trading Kucherov for a 2nd just to make a lateral move with 2nd pair defenders.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

Top 10 scoring threat who finished tied for 19th in goals? 22nd in G/60 amongst forward with 800+ minutes. Fared slightly worse in point totals.

Parayko's talent is through the roof as well. He plays an infinitely more valuable position and is a potential cornerstone defenseman. Plus, and this is important. He is cheap. We don't have the cap space to sign Kucherov, much less sign him and keep Shatty since we are losing Parayko.

So yea, there is a way Blues say no.

bluetuned

Mar 1, 2013
Chicago
Parayko had 23 even strength points and Sustr had 21, while playing almost 3 more minutes a game. Parayko isn't better than Stralman so will be a 2nd pair defender. No need in trading Kucherov for a 2nd just to make a lateral move with 2nd pair defenders.

Upside tho. One was a 22 year old rookie who basically jumped straight from college in Alaska, and one was a 25 year old in his 3rd NHL season.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

I can't believe I am even arguing with someone who uses points as the end all be all for which Defenseman is better, but here goes....Parayko is 2 years younger and was a rookie as opposed to 3rd year pro Sustr. Parayko earned those extra minutes by being very solid an reliable defensively, not being sheltered like most rookies. He wasn't given those minutes because the blues had nobody else. Also, you just discount the PP contributions. Parayko beat him in ES scoring and was a solid PP contributor. You just ignore the PP which has value.

Parayko is better defensively and offensively and on special teams at an earlier age. He has more much more upside as well. Sustr is just not as good now, and definitely won't be years from now. You are probably one of the few people who would argue this, even TB fans aren't jumping to Sustr's defense.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I think that Tampa says no based on Kucherov's importance to the team. He's probably their second best forward and has great chemistry with the other triplets.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
Not that I agree with the statement that Sustr and Parayko are a wash, but I also find it funny that Parayko will definitely improve and Sustr will not.

Speaking about any player in absolutes when they aren't 10 years into their career is a little crazy. Scott Gomez was awesome once.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Not that I agree with the statement that Sustr and Parayko are a wash, but I also find it funny that Parayko will definitely improve and Sustr will not.

Speaking about any player in absolutes when they aren't 10 years into their career is a little crazy. Scott Gomez was awesome once.

Nobody said that. I am the only one who said anything about development. I never said Sustr wouldn't improve. I said Parayko would improve and be better long term, meaning he will improve more. Parayko seems to have the higher ceiling based on skill set, and he has more developmental years to improve. 25-26 is about when most players start to taper off in their development. This may be a bit higher for D, PWF, and goalies but not a ton. Sustr is entering the age where you pretty much know what you have. There may be small improvements, but no big leaps.

Parayko had never played half as many games as he played this past season. He tailed off at the end of the year. If all he does is improve his conditioning and consistency, which should come naturally as he adjusts to the NHL schedule, he will take a big leap in production and be a good ways ahead of Sustr.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad