Confirmed Trade: [STL/OTT] Mathieu Joseph and 2025 3rd round pick for future considerations

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
People are going to rip on Staios here re: asset management/dumping picks etc. etc. but the reality is that you don't win with players like Joseph. He's fast but soft and lacks virtually any kind of grit. Good PKer though.

This is what happens when the prior GM ruined the salary cap structure of the team.

Imagine they sign Pinto now.
This is funny because Joseph was pumped to high heavens as being a piece that would help the young core move forward. Joseph was never more than utility garbage though, so I'm glad he's off the team. A replaceable piece of hockey detritus that was so irrelevant we had to sweeten St. Louis.

Good riddance, Amadio can do what Joseph did several times over.

• Haha
Reactions: Rafafouille

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Shouts out to all of the Western Conference teams who are going to enjoy watching this loser do illegal wrestling moves on their star players.

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC
People are going to rip on Staios here re: asset management/dumping picks etc. etc. but the reality is that you don't win with players like Joseph. He's fast but soft and lacks virtually any kind of grit. Good PKer though.

This is what happens when the prior GM ruined the salary cap structure of the team.

Imagine they sign Pinto now.

100+ hits, takeaway machine is soft and lacks grit? What?

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Within an hour of each other Sens have to give a 3rd to dump Joseph but Stars are able to just give them Faksa with no sweetener, extra year i know but can't help but feel like Sens got worked here

rea

Feb 8, 2011
I'm starting to think staios has it out for Ottawa ownership and is secretly destroying from within. When the inevitable firing happens, see how quickly he finds a new job and ull see whose really the mastermind behind it all 😂😂

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
I still have no idea why, other than the necessity of fitting other players under the cap, you would move on from Joseph. Always seemed like a very solid player.

He's an ok player and not a cap anchor, but they've replaced him with Noah Gregor who will do mostly the same thing for $2M less. I would've liked to keep him, but Staois is trying to reconfigure the lineup so that players slot better, and free up some cap space. I'm surprised it had to be a cap dump though, but I guess if that's the case, he simply makes too much

Reactions: ReimanSum1908

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
For whatever reason, Joseph and Chychrun’s production both pretty much hit a wall the second Jacques Martin took over the bench and it never really came back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad