Confirmed with Link: Mason shaw 1 year 2 way

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
In coming the bitching about another Moose signing.
This is a guy who I think could win a 4th line role if the Jets want to play with some edge...So far the offseason is bland for a lot of people, but day 1 goaltending solved, UFA defenseman re-signed. Day 3 Chevy adds some grit...Edmonton has done so, L.A too, so you want to be able to match that kind of game...Not every game is going to be skilled, some are grinds.

I think it's not a bad idea to stock up on depth to compete with high end talent but low depth teams this year. 5 out Chevy's first 6 signings are Canadians, on a positive note.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
This is a guy who I think could win a 4th line role if the Jets want to play with some edge...So far the offseason is bland for a lot of people, but day 1 goaltending solved, UFA defenseman re-signed. Day 3 Chevy adds some grit...Edmonton has done so, L.A too, so you want to be able to match that kind of game...Not every game is going to be skilled, some are grinds.

I think it's not a bad idea to stock up on depth to compete with high end talent but low depth teams this year. 5 out Chevy's first 6 signings are Canadians, on a positive note.
I really don't mind Chevy letting the dust settle a bit before he makes bigger moves.

Most mistakes are made against the pressure of the clock and they can really hurt a team, especially when they compound.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Shaw has struggled with injuries throughout his career, including multiple ACL tears, but when healthy, he is an effective, speedy player in the bottom-six. He missed time in the 2023-24 season with his fourth ACL injury, but when healthy, was signed by the Minnesota Wild, who drafted him in 2017.

Shaw was great in the nine-game stint he played in the American Hockey League (AHL), scoring seven points. He was then recalled by the Wild to play out the rest of the season with them, and in those 20 games, he only managed to score three points. Shaw played 59 games for the Wild, had 17 points and was an effective penalty-killer.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Shaw has struggled with injuries throughout his career, including multiple ACL tears, but when healthy, he is an effective, speedy player in the bottom-six. He missed time in the 2023-24 season with his fourth ACL injury, but when healthy, was signed by the Minnesota Wild, who drafted him in 2017.

Shaw was great in the nine-game stint he played in the American Hockey League (AHL), scoring seven points. He was then recalled by the Wild to play out the rest of the season with them, and in those 20 games, he only managed to score three points. Shaw played 59 games for the Wild, had 17 points and was an effective penalty-killer.

If he can overcome his injury issues we could definitely use the help killing penalties.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Not sure where he fits in the line up. We already have AJF as a call up bottom 6 PK guy. Maybe a little redundancy in case one of them gets plucked off of waivers
Shaw and Fleury are two guys who can drop the mitts in a dirty game. I expect there to be some chippy games next year vs. Kings, Hawks, Wild, Stars and Flames in the West. East has the tough guys. Can't always hide behind a PP, and as Adam Lowry becomes an established veteran I think he picks own battles now, but mostly on the ice.

Reactions: Buffdog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad