Confirmed Signing with Link: [STL] F Dylan Holloway (2 years, $2.290457M AAV) and D Philip Broberg (2 years, $4.580917M AAV) sign offer sheets with the Blues (not matched)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
A weird way for Holloway to get that is by actively choosing not to play with the two best players in the game during key RFA years, thereby hurting his point totals and future earning potential.

And now he's stuck on a bottom feeder that lacks starpower. No winning, and no bigger paychecks because he won't be scoring much more than what he is already. That doesn't sound like a perfect decision at all.
Dude shut the front door. Robert thomas jordan kyrou pvel buchnevich jordan binnington colton parayko.

Soon to bolduc dvorsky stenberg lindstein jirkerik then two big d in fisher and ralph.

Love how high and mighty tge one and done edm is. You guys almost lost in tge first round again. Lol

If Edmonton matches the sheets is Thomas Harley next? He'd have made a lot more sense to offersheet if you actually wanted to improve your team.
Well blues need a lhd broberg and why not holloway as well perfe t age gor our core

HockeyScotty

Sep 11, 2021
If Edmonton matches the sheets is Thomas Harley next? He'd have made a lot more sense to offersheet if you actually wanted to improve your team.
Dallas can pretty much easily match anything up to $7 mil this year and with Benn's deal rolling off next year it shouldn't strain them even with Johnston and Oettinger coming up on RFA

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
He doesn't really make sense as an offer sheet though, as Dallas would match a 4.5M offer on Harley. They have the cap space that Edmonton doesn't.

You'd better believe that NHL GM's with RFA's are scrambling a bit, in case Edmonton matches and St. Louis is still shopping.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
A weird way for Holloway to get that is by actively choosing not to play with the two best players in the game during key RFA years, thereby hurting his point totals and future earning potential.

And now he's stuck on a bottom feeder that lacks starpower. No winning, and no bigger paychecks because he won't be scoring much more than what he is already. That doesn't sound like a perfect decision at all.
A McDrai bump will only help him with a future contract in Edmonton, gms know that production isn’t linear. He would be paid on what HE could bring, not paid on his points from playing with offensive players.

Kuzmenko got a huge paycheck for playing in Vancouver, likely more than he would have gotten in Edmonton

Reactions: Frobbo

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Idk if Broberg's value at 4.5 is more than a second. He's an exciting question mark, but it's a steep number for a question mark.
Broberg's value at 4.5 isn't more than a second, but the Blues aren't planning on trading him in the 2 years, and acquiring Broberg as a RFA to get him at a reasonable cap hit would've required an overpay. Essentially I would break it down as:

Option 1: trade a mid-late 1st for Broberg and sign him to a 2 x $2.5 mil contract, maybe more since I doubt Edmonton was looking at dealing him
Option 2: OS Broberg for a 2nd at 2 x $4.5 mil - essentially paying $4 mil to make up the difference in value.

Reactions: Memento

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
This has to be sarcasm right?

As a Rams fan from St. Louis, I'm glad that the Rams won it all in 2021 (and are in a position to win it all for years to come). I figure that if I stuck with the team through all of the bad times, I can enjoy the good times even more, right?

It's something similar with the Blues (and the St. Louis Cardinals for the past two years, ironically enough). Yes, the Blues aren't playoff contenders at the moment, but they've made a lot of very shrewd moves, they're a team clearly on the rise, and they have a lot of solid prospects and young players that are growing with the team, with a lot of the bad contracts coming off the books in the next two years.

I can be patient with the bad times to let the good times come.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Dude shut the front door. Robert thomas jordan kyrou pvel buchnevich jordan binnington colton parayko.

Soon to bolduc dvorsky stenberg lindstein jirkerik then two big d in fisher and ralph.

Love how high and mighty tge one and done edm is. You guys almost lost in tge first round again. Lol

This is why I don't get this from Holloway.

St.Louis doesn't have the star power EDM does, but they are deep. Buch, Kyrou, Neighbours, Saad, Joseph, Texier; which winger is Holloway knocking out of the top 9? They've also got Toropchenko and Kapanen as other wingers pushing for icetime.

Edmonton at least has the motivation to plan around him as he's a former 1st rounder and they've sunk several years into developing him. In St. Louis? He's a guy they paid a 3rd for and is spare depth.

Reactions: BKarchitect

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019

St.Louis doesn't have the star power EDM does, but they are deep. Buch, Kyrou, Neighbours, Saad, Joseph, Texier; which winger is Holloway knocking out of the top 9? They've also got Toropchenko and Kapanen as other wingers pushing for icetime.

Edmonton at least has the motivation to plan around him as he's a former 1st rounder and they've sunk several years into developing him. In St. Louis? He's a guy they paid a 3rd for and is spare depth.

He will be getting big minutes with st louis. Just admit you are upset that he chose whats best for him and his family vs whats best for edm oilers and his mismanagement

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019

My thought is bolduc goes back to minors. Texier is going to play center and i am sure if thia pans out then army will make moves.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
My thought is bolduc goes back to minors. Texier is going to play center and i am sure if thia pans out then army will make moves.

Why cause i am at a long stop light. Cute

No reason for Bolduc to go back down. He’s more than ready.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010

Holloway is the pawn. St. Louis is after Broberg.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
St. Louis will mess up their cap real soon when their own players want the same deals or more.
Blues have major players coming off the Books when those players are needing deals. Or they already have ample capspace to sign those players. We aren't in a cap stranglehold and will be able to resign our players easily

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad