Confirmed Signing with Link: [STL] F Dylan Holloway (2 years, $2.290457M AAV) and D Philip Broberg (2 years, $4.580917M AAV) sign offer sheets with the Blues (not matched)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
Absolute fumble f*** from the Oilers leaving Broberg and Holloway unsigned this long. I'm not entirely sold on Holloway, but JJ/Bowman dropped the ball having Broberg sitting there. Money was there to sign the player with a Kulak or Ceci trade, not a good start for Stan.

The compensation is peanuts here too, good move from the Blues. Would love to see more of it.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
I would agree, if it was later in my career and I’d earned my retirement money.

The money they’ve now made with the offer sheet can set them and their family up for life if they want it to. Hard to refuse that.
Also whos to say they will win. Almost went out in first round

I don’t see how Edmonton can match the broberg offer sheet. Also, Beoberg shoots left which is easier to replace then a RD.
We needed a good lhd

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
I don’t think you know what magic beans are. Everyone knows exactly what they’re getting with Skinner and Arvidsson. Broberg and Holloway could end up being nothing more than replacement level players or they could end up as all stars.

Oilers dropped the ball on waiting so long to sign their RFA’s while having a maxed out cap. They were pretty much setting themselves up for this. I personally thought that Holloway wouldn’t get offer sheeted but I thought a team would take a shot on Broberg.

I get the sense that the Holloway offer sheet is to help ensure that Broberg doesn't get matched.

Broberg at $4.5m is an overpayment, but one that the Oilers COULD in theory make work by either relying on Kane's LTIR, or trading Ceci.... from an Oilers POV, you could then theoretically envision paying Holloway $1.25m or something like that.

By doing both deals, their combined cap hits are now more than Kane's LTIR by a wide margin. That means dropping Ceci forsure, and still having a problem if/when Kane come back.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
Draisaitl isnt taking 10M, the situations of these players is completely different. Holloway and Broberg are depth players and are looking to make names for themselves still.

Broberg will probably be a Blue and that's his choice, Holloway I have no idea why he signed this as now he will have enemies in the organization even if they match this.

I understand why Broberg did it, I don't agree with him doing it but it makes more sense than Holloway.
Good thing your opinion matters on his life. Maybee dont give 4.or 5 players half the cap

Bond

May 10, 2012
Glad you mentioned Klingberg, he was the first name that came to mind. Holloway won't quite fumble a $56M bag but he could've been 24, potentially a PPG player thanks to the McDrai bump, and an RFA in a $~90M cap world. That would have easily netted him $9M per year on a longer term deal (Necas just got $6.5M @ 0.7 PPG Konecny $8.75M for 0.9 PPG). Now he's playing on a team with no lack of wingers and just one PPG center.

If the difference is $7M for say ~50 points in STL and $9M after 82 in EDM, that's a $14M loss over a seven-year contract. Hopefully Dylan has a good money manager in his corner, because that's the only way he will ever make such a huge sum back.
lol this is the wildest post on here. The cope is so strong that you are making up a 90 point season followed by a 9 million dollar contract.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Oilers dropped the ball on waiting so long to sign their RFA’s while having a maxed out cap. They were pretty much setting themselves up for this. I personally thought that Holloway wouldn’t get offer sheeted but I thought a team would take a shot on Broberg.
Teams almost always leave their RFAs to August. But, you need to ensure that your team is positioned well enough cap wise to fend off an OS attempt. I mean, if Detroit only had $12 mill in cap space, they'd be in danger of OS attempts on Raymond and Seider. But Spotrac has them at $17.6mill in cap space, which is $8.8 mill each.

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
lol this is the wildest post on here. The cope is so strong that you are making up a 90 point season followed by a 9 million dollar contract.

Don’t forget Broberg winning a Norris after playing a full season in Edmonton and getting 60 assists playing with McDrai.

Followed by a 11M/Year contract! It’s all about opportunity! They’ll get paid in exposure.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Glad you mentioned Klingberg, he was the first name that came to mind. Holloway won't quite fumble a $56M bag but he could've been 24, potentially a PPG player thanks to the McDrai bump, and an RFA in a $~90M cap world. That would have easily netted him $9M per year on a longer term deal (Necas just got $6.5M @ 0.7 PPG Konecny $8.75M for 0.9 PPG). Now he's playing on a team with no lack of wingers and just one PPG center.

If the difference is $7M for say ~50 points in STL and $9M after 82 in EDM, that's a $14M loss over a seven-year contract. Hopefully Dylan has a good money manager in his corner, because that's the only way he will ever make such a huge sum back.
You are operating within a false paradigm. Good luck.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I don’t think you know what magic beans are. Everyone knows exactly what they’re getting with Skinner and Arvidsson. Broberg and Holloway could end up being nothing more than replacement level players or they could end up as all stars.

An often hurt player and a players who’s been heavily scrutinized for his play? Banking on them being healthy/different is the equivalent of going for a magic bean

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
He wanted out so bad that he came right back after retirement to live in Chesterfield lol
The owner got rid of all the high expensive contracts then.sold the team to a group of people and they rebuilt the team then stillman.bought team them we one cup.

Pronger was sold off for barely nothing

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
Teams almost always leave their RFAs to August. But, you need to ensure that your team is positioned well enough cap wise to fend off an OS attempt. I mean, if Detroit only had $12 mill in cap space, they'd be in danger of OS attempts on Raymond and Seider. But Spotrac has them at $17.6mill in cap space, which is $8.8 mill each.
It's not the same. Raymond and Seider are big name tickets, and the compensation would look much different.

It makes sense why OS don't really happen for impact players. But this was savvy as hell from St. Louis to target far less valuable guys with good potential moving forward.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
Zackly! And what would the "right reasons" be?
Because we need him to play and he will be given time to play. We have the neeed and position available. Whats the wrongs reason. Lol your gm shoukdnt have assumed he would force them.to take league minimum

ask any player who's played in the NHL and the difference in coverage between the US and Canada
not saying the Blues don't have a good fan base...but the spotlight in Canada is far more intense

are they bigger than the Cards?

Did i say any different. Just because you people are chaos doesnt mean we are not fanatics as well. Lol

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
The owner got rid of all the high expensive contracts then.sold the team to a group of people and they rebuilt the team then stillman.bought team them we one cup.

Pronger was sold off for barely nothing
I'm sure @STLegend understands this.

So listen up Oilers peeps!!

Pronger was 100% shocked that he was traded and it happened for the reasons quoted above.

Selling him was one of the worst blunders in St. Louis Blues history.

Reactions: RORbacon

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
The Skinner one was a bit perplexing as he was more of a luxury than a need BUT it was clearly about improving Draisaitl’s wingers for next year to entice him. Skinner at 3 million is a bargain and he is a finisher.

Arvidsson is a helluva player. If either of Holloway or Broberg reach his caliber it will be a pleasant surprise.
Arvidsson could be huge if he can stay healthy. Skinner will be interesting to see on a playoff team, see if he’s any different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad