Confirmed Signing with Link: [STL] F Dylan Holloway (2 years, $2.290457M AAV) and D Philip Broberg (2 years, $4.580917M AAV) sign offer sheets with the Blues (not matched)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Keep a cool head. Broberg isn't worth 4.5M(he's not worth 2.5M) and I'm not even sure he would have been worth a 2nd round pick in the trade market. Easy walk away and a 2nd from a team that's probably going to miss the playoffs will be a good trade chip at the deadline.

Holloway is a bit higher than would have been preferred but match and move on.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Why on earth would the Habs do this deal ? Why would you want Ceci on the roster ? Why do you want Barron out ? If you cannot be patient with Barron how can you be with Holloway ? They were draFted the same year.
I love Holloway. And he fits more what we need than Barron.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
What's hilarious is Armstrong will see zero relationships ruined because of who Edmonton's gm is. It wouldn't surprise me if teams started targeting Edmonton every year.

I think it still won't be liked. no GM wants to see this become a trend at all and RFAs probably do not either

• Haha
Reactions: Stealth JD

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Why would RFAs not like this trend? Opportunity to make more money and it's not like they have to accept every offer thrown at them?

Because you can be more or less forced to play for a bad team. I don't think any RFAs on say NYR/FLA right now would want offer sheets thrown their way from say San Jose or Utah

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Ok Oilers fans.

Look what you will do. You match both OS because the compensation picks are bad. And Habs will help you out with your cap problems.

Then you trade us Ceci and Holloway for Barron, so you can fit Broberg's salary.

Deal?
The comps are bad, because they're not good enough players.

We were hoping they would turn into more than what they are, but both spent most of last season in the minors. That Broberg contract is "Kotkaniemi-level bad".

"
Holloway only has value if he's making $1m. There's other players still not signed that are better players.

Reactions: Benstheman

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I think it still won't be liked. no GM wants to see this become a trend at all and RFAs probably do not either
RFA’s will love it! Broberg just got close to $9.2 million guaranteed for two years work.
And it’s still at the option of the RFA if they want to sign the deal.

Reactions: barriers

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Because you can be more or less forced to play for a bad team. I don't think any RFAs on say NYR/FLA right now would want offer sheets thrown their way from say San Jose or Utah
You don't have to accept the offer. We only hear about offersheets that players agreed to. Just think of them as UFAs but original teams get to match.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014

We were hoping they would turn into more than what they are, but both spent most of last season in the minors. That Broberg contract is "Kotkaniemi-level bad".

"
Holloway only has value if he's making $1m. There's other players still not signed that are better players.
Holloway is still pretty young though.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I hope offersheets become the norm.

Unless this is just indicative of how little respect the rest of the league has for Oilers management.
I don't think this is ever the case. I think its more that a GM saw an opportunity to improve his team for relatively little in terms of assets (cap hit is a different story). Trying to do some damage to one of the best teams in the league is an added bonus.

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009

"
I wouldn't call it Kotkaniemi-bad. It's only two years.

Reactions: Bender

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I'd never sign it though given Edmonton is probably the logical betting favorite to win the cup next season. I'd gladly take half that to stay
I’m guessing 99% of RFA’s would take double the money when they’ve never made any real money. In Broberg’s case it’s probably even more than double.
Broberg is now pretty much set for life whereas if he signed with the Oilers for less than half that he could suffer a career ending injury next year. It’s a pretty easy decision imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad