Confirmed Signing with Link: [STL] Colton Parayko signs extension with the Blues (8 years, $6.5M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Sweet deal for the blues! I thought he was going to the leafs like every really good player?

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Thats way too cheap after GMs have paid Jones 9.5m, Nurse 9.5m and Hamilton 9. Way too cheap.
Great deal for the Blues (if he can stay healthy).

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
28 years old this deal has him signed till he's 36 and the guy already has back issues? Showed regression last year because of said injuries. Plays a very aggressive style as well which I don't know if it will bode well for an 8 year contract.

I wish the best for him but there's a reason his AAV is much lower than the other guys and no it's not because the GM is a wizard.

Parayko....aggressive?

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
He dominates play when healthy. Did you see him play when the Blues won the cup. I’d argue he was too 5-10 at that time. Just an all around beast. 6’6 230 lbs with a bomb of a shot that completely shuts you down.

Don't bother on the main forums. People don't even watch the games. They only watch the score-sheet, and the only thing that matters to them is point totals.

Reactions: Mike Liut

jiggy35

Jun 26, 2012
Different type of player but still a good comparable for potential Rielly extension, maybe a bit above that around 7 would be reasonable.

Tairy Greene

Feb 2, 2020
That's a great deal for St Louis. Here's hoping Morgan Reilly's contract is closer to this than it is to Nurse's

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
He should fire his agent because he took a deal to open up more cap space on his team? Maybe Marner, Matthews, and Tavares should take notes.
Lol, why is that offensive to you? In a year where dmen got paid big bucks, Parayko got a below market deal. I even said it's an amazing deal for the Blues. Of course you went full HF and decided to take played out shots at Leafs players when they have nothing to do with this discussion.

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
Lol, why is that offensive to you? In a year where dmen got paid big bucks, Parayko got a below market deal. I even said it's an amazing deal for the Blues. Of course you went full HF and decided to take played out shots at Leafs players when they have nothing to do with this discussion.

Maybe players aren't out there to maximize earning potential when they realize that X millions of dollars are more than enough? Maybe winning championships is more valuable to a player than money, especially when that player has already gotten paid.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He should fire his agent because he took a deal to open up more cap space on his team? Maybe Marner, Matthews, and Tavares should take notes.
Deal doesn’t begin til he’s 29 next year. Goes until he is 37.

for context, Suter, Burns are 36 heading into this upcoming season. That’s how old Parayko will be entering the final year of the contract. Weber is ltir, same with seabrook. Most guys don’t last that long.

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
Deal doesn’t begin til he’s 29 next year. Goes until he is 37.

for context, Suter, Burns are 36 heading into this upcoming season. That’s how old Parayko will be entering the final year of the contract. Weber is ltir, same with seabrook. Most guys don’t last that long.

He will be 36 years old to start that last year of the contract. And I don't consider Parayko like "most guys." The guy is an absolute monster out there.

Last edited:
Reactions: LetsGoBLUES91

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He will be 36 years old to start that last year of the contract. And I don't consider Parayko like "most guys." The guys is an absolute monster out there.
Are any of the 4 I listed not monsters in regards to their impact when they were in their primes?

Most guys don’t age like Bergeron has.

Stlblues87

Oct 10, 2017
I don't like it. $6.5 million is not really a steal, especially at 8 years to age 37 for someone whose offensive ability is still largely spoken of in terms of potential after six seasons in the league. Given his back injury and the unknowns about his recovery, it may be a bad deal in year one.

If he's fully recovered and back to normal, then it'll end up being reasonable enough, but that's about it. I'm sure the team knows a lot more than me about where he's at physically, but even if it ended up costing a little more, it would have made more sense to see how things go in 21-22 before committing to him for another 8 years.

This is a laughably bad take.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad