Prospect Info: Stian Solberg

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Färjestad's CHL has started, they won the first game today in Finland 5-0. Great defensive play, Solberg with 4 hits and an assist. Coach on him: "things will blow up this season".
Yeah but it's no Japan :sarcasm:

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Solberg in trouble for saying no respect for veterans, so Färjestad's older guys wanted to test him. Yes he's a tough kid, but he's a rookie who has to follow the "rules". In the locker room Magnus Nygren (34) tells Solberg to clean up Nygren's trash and throw his paper cup in the bin. Nygren expects the kid to ignite, and Solberg does look a bit irritated. But what do you think about his reaction? I have my answer...

It starts 0:48, and the aftermath 1:38.

Reactions: HanSolo and Boo Boo

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Solberg in trouble for saying no respect for veterans, so Färjestad's older guys wanted to test him. Yes he's a tough kid, but he's a rookie who has to follow the "rules". In the locker room Magnus Nygren (34) tells Solberg to clean up Nygren's trash and throw his paper cup in the bin. Nygren expects the kid to ignite, and Solberg does look a bit irritated. But what do you think about his reaction? I have my answer...

It starts 0:48, and the aftermath 1:38.

Next Drew Doubty Confirmed. Cocky little fella 🤣

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Thanks. I had heard it pronounced like “Stan” so was looking for clarification there.
Stian is actually based on the English name Ian, a common name in the UK and Australia, not sure about the US. So you just add St+ian and it should sound good.

Or find a nickname. On social media Färjestad fans call him the Terminator, they love him and hope he stays there for at least 2 years.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Färjestad undefeated now leads the CHL, 3-1 win today in Hungary. Solberg with a goal, assist and 4 hits. I'm surprised to see how much time he spends in the o-zone, he's obviously not a stay-at-home defenseman, but still takes good care of his blueline.

Here's his goal...

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Färjestad undefeated now leads the CHL, 3-1 win today in Hungary. Solberg with a goal, assist and 4 hits. I'm surprised to see how much time he spends in the o-zone, he's obviously not a stay-at-home defenseman, but still takes good care of his blueline.

Here's his goal...

Dudes going to be a menace.. I know it

Reactions: robbieboy3686

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

Here's his goal...

I haven't stopped being stoked about this kid since draft day

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015

Here's his goal...

Awesome

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland

Here's his goal...

Scored a goal and hit the goalie as well. Is this the Solberg special?

Thanks for the updates!

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Excited about having a physical prospect with good talent/upside. I just hope he isn't EURO tough like punching bag Visnevsky (I still see him getting pummeled by Doan and rocked by Ovechkin), and that he takes a page out of Luke Schenn in learning how to defend himself so he can consistently play the way he wants to play. The NHL is a really tough league and if he wants to be a physical type he going to have to commit time into that area.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Excited about having a physical prospect with good talent/upside. I just hope he isn't EURO tough like punching bag Visnevsky (I still see him getting pummeled by Doan and rocked by Ovechkin), and that he takes a page out of Luke Schenn in learning how to defend himself so he can consistently play the way he wants to play. The NHL is a really tough league and if he wants to be a physical type he going to have to commit time into that area.

Described by EliteProspects as the most violent man in the draft, I don't think you have to worry about that...

Taking physical play almost to the extreme like he does, he also has to expect retaliation, even after a clean hit. And as he told the media, when it comes to fights he isn't worried about it. I've watched his play for the last couple of years, and he sure knows how to deal with that.

I don't see a big difference in the NHL, a hit is a hit, but he'll most likely get challenged more as fighting in many Euro leagues means 1 game suspension.

GermanRocket7

Make Bettman irrelevant again
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
What an incredibly stupid take with the whole premise of "Euro tough".

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Described by EliteProspects as the most violent man in the draft, I don't think you have to worry about that...

Taking physical play almost to the extreme like he does, he also has to expect retaliation, even after a clean hit. And as he told the media, when it comes to fights he isn't worried about it. I've watched his play for the last couple of years, and he sure knows how to deal with that.

I don't see a big difference in the NHL, a hit is a hit, but he'll most likely get challenged more as fighting in many Euro leagues means 1 game suspension.

I don’t want to speak for everyone, but I’m sure we all appreciate the updates and your knowledge about him! Keep it coming please!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad