Blue Jays Discussion: Steve Pearce: comeback machine

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

I can see it.

I have never seen him in my life, and obviously more is involved, but purely based on simple stats, Pannone outperformed Borucki (Jays 13th prospect) in AA than Borucki in A+. Both are starters. Borucki is bigger, that's one thing that is obvious, and there is likely more there too, but still. I think it's better than getting some of the other guys they had there.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Wonder if some trades are gonna trickle in late. Kc talking to the Jays about Estrada and Happ

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Would be nice for Bautista and Estrada to go on a bit of a run over the next couple of weeks.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Always worth noting that "done" doesn't mean done given the nature of the MLB deadlines. Estrada or some relievers could be slipped through the waiver wire for other deals before the August final deadline.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Decent deadline day, some nice prospect gets.

Would like to see Estrada rebuild a bit of value and moved in August.

Could say the same about a few others. Jays can keep some of their longer term guys and potentially move them in the offseason, if they do not see them sticking around next year that is.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
The average age of AA for New Hampshire is like 25. Baseball-reference says Borucki is 1.4 years younger than average, and he was born March 31st, 1994 (23 years old). Pannone is 9 days younger, born April 9th of the same year. So a little under 25 I would say.

Smith Jr. is 24 (turning 25 in October) and he is 2.7 years younger than the average. So you are looking at like 27 or 27.5 being the average age in AAA.

Pannone will not be a top prospect, but he's a LHP starter, something the Jays did not have really at all besides Borucki and Perdomo. Seriously, those two are the only LHP the Jays have in the top 30 at all, and luckily both are still starters right now. There are some LOOGY's in the system throughout, and a few more LHP starters/relievers who can stretch a bit, but Pannone gives the Jays something they lack.

Taylor is just a wildcard guy. He's young and has done decently well. Jays have some middle infielders, but when you are young, position does not really matter as long as you can play everyone.

average age for league isn't all that relevant a number, though. most of milb is just vet filler.

not that he's crazy old or anything but good prospects as a rule of thumb are in AAA or MLB by 23.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
I'd like that if he can rebound. But I'm starting to wonder if the time spent pitching through his back issues is coming back to haunt him.

I'm not sure if its health or simple sequencing. He's a guy who needs to constantly keep the batter off balance. If someone picks up on his sequencing, its essentially batting practice.

The nice thing is, you have his medicals, and know where his health is, and can make a call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad