Starting lineup regular season

DackellDuck

Sep 20, 2024
Last year goal pace in brackets:

Tkachuk (37) - Stutzle (18 - 41 2yrs ago) - Giroux (21)
Greig (15 as a rookie) - Norris (26) - Batherson (28)
Perron (18) - Pinto (18) - Amadio (16)
Gregor (8) - Ostapchuk (0) - Cousins (8)

So, is Stutzle a 40 goal guy or 20, is Norris a 25g guy or 35, is Greig going to improve in year two, can Pinto move up?

You also have to consider that we're not going to be playing the same free-wheeling style, though, under Green.

After Stützle and Batherson, there aren't a ton of guys who I would call "creative" at 5v5.

For offense, the PP will have to be humming. That's where we could make up some hay.

If the PP gets back to what it was in 21/22 (24.1% - 8th in the league) and we clean up our own end at 5v5, we'll be in the wildcard mix.

Reactions: DrEasy and NyQuil

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
You also have to consider that we're not going to be playing the same free-wheeling style, though, under Green.

After Stützle and Batherson, there aren't a ton of guys who I would call "creative" at 5v5.

For offense, the PP will have to be humming. That's where we could make up some hay.

If the PP gets back to what it was in 21/22 (24.1% - 8th in the league) and we clean up our own end at 5v5, we'll be in the wildcard mix.

Giroux can be, but he’s getting up there.

Reactions: DrEasy

Norris4Norris

Jul 13, 2022
A nicely balance lineup that’s a lot more complete than in years past.

With that said, looking at those lines, I don’t think goals are going to come all that easy, so we need to get a lot more comfortable trying to win 3-2 or 2-1, and Ullmark needs to be very good.
I think if Norris stays healthy all year we have a good shot at the playoffs.

Pinto looked SO good with that hat-trick. He is a good 2-way player, he has that knack to takeaways pucks. If he and Greig take another step forward I think this team might be pesky again.

But Ullmark is the ultimate X-factor. Even a .900 save percentage last year would have put the Sens in a race for the playoffs.

Ullmark has averaged .915 or better since 2019-2020. Albeit he was playing behind a well structured Boston defense.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Garrioch speculates that the Sens may be looking at a depth LD on waivers.

Tyler Tucker could fit the bill. Blues fans seem to like him but they want to make room for a younger player.

Big shot, physical, can fight… but not a great skater.
Isaak Philips another potential option

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad