Starting lineup regular season

DackellDuck

Sep 20, 2024
Last year goal pace in brackets:

Tkachuk (37) - Stutzle (18 - 41 2yrs ago) - Giroux (21)
Greig (15 as a rookie) - Norris (26) - Batherson (28)
Perron (18) - Pinto (18) - Amadio (16)
Gregor (8) - Ostapchuk (0) - Cousins (8)

So, is Stutzle a 40 goal guy or 20, is Norris a 25g guy or 35, is Greig going to improve in year two, can Pinto move up?

You also have to consider that we're not going to be playing the same free-wheeling style, though, under Green.

After Stützle and Batherson, there aren't a ton of guys who I would call "creative" at 5v5.

For offense, the PP will have to be humming. That's where we could make up some hay.

If the PP gets back to what it was in 21/22 (24.1% - 8th in the league) and we clean up our own end at 5v5, we'll be in the wildcard mix.

Reactions: DrEasy and NyQuil

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
You also have to consider that we're not going to be playing the same free-wheeling style, though, under Green.

After Stützle and Batherson, there aren't a ton of guys who I would call "creative" at 5v5.

For offense, the PP will have to be humming. That's where we could make up some hay.

If the PP gets back to what it was in 21/22 (24.1% - 8th in the league) and we clean up our own end at 5v5, we'll be in the wildcard mix.

Giroux can be, but he’s getting up there.

Reactions: DrEasy

Norris4Norris

Jul 13, 2022
A nicely balance lineup that’s a lot more complete than in years past.

With that said, looking at those lines, I don’t think goals are going to come all that easy, so we need to get a lot more comfortable trying to win 3-2 or 2-1, and Ullmark needs to be very good.
I think if Norris stays healthy all year we have a good shot at the playoffs.

Pinto looked SO good with that hat-trick. He is a good 2-way player, he has that knack to takeaways pucks. If he and Greig take another step forward I think this team might be pesky again.

But Ullmark is the ultimate X-factor. Even a .900 save percentage last year would have put the Sens in a race for the playoffs.

Ullmark has averaged .915 or better since 2019-2020. Albeit he was playing behind a well structured Boston defense.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Garrioch speculates that the Sens may be looking at a depth LD on waivers.

Tyler Tucker could fit the bill. Blues fans seem to like him but they want to make room for a younger player.

Big shot, physical, can fight… but not a great skater.
Isaak Philips another potential option

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary

Our secondary scoring is a lot better than it was last year. I would say we will score a surprising amount 5v5. But yes, we'll also need a good PP.

Reactions: BonHoonLayneCornell

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Greig with Norris & Batherson will be interesting, Greig is a very skilled offensive player who could take a big step forward as an offensive threat this yr. I expect if Batherson & Norris stay healthy that this line could easily take off. Also like two vets with Pinto, Perron is still a god offensive threat & Amadio can also make plays & score, hopefully Pinto has a great yr too. Ott should have a very good top 9 this yr. Cousins is a versatile player who can play up & down the lineup in different positions as & when required.

DackellDuck

Sep 20, 2024
I did not see that coming. I guess Cousins is 4th line center then?

Green said Gaudette will play C - so it'll be Gregor - Gaudette - Cousins.

I suppose it's not surprising that at the end of the day, Gaudette stays up and we have a veteran 4th line. We need to get off to a good start, so play it safe.

Last year for game 1, our 4th line was Kelly - Kastelic with a combined 178 games of NHL experience (we could only ice 11 forwards because we didn't have cap space!).

This year for game 1, our 4th line will have a combined 1053 games of NHL experience.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
It's interesting that the Sens Brass see Greig as a potential 2nd line player with offensive upside that can bring some grit to the top six. They need Batherson to play with more grit too, he is a big guy & a decent fighter for an offensive player although I don't want to see him drop the gloves too often. I also expect Pinto to have a big yr, having two good vets & Perron a sniper on his line should help him improve his stats from last half yr.

If Norris can stay healthy he too should help elevate Ottawa's offensive stats in general & make the team much better. I expect at some point Ostapchuk will be back up, he is very close to being NHL ready & does all of the things coaches love especially defensively & they don't need him to score just yet.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I wonder if Gaudette will play some PP for us as well.

Who do you guys think will be the forwards on the PK? Gregor, Stu, Giroux, Norris? Or Greig?

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I wonder if Gaudette will play some PP for us as well.

Who do you guys think will be the forwards on the PK? Gregor, Stu, Giroux, Norris? Or Greig?
I figure Gregor and Giroux on the first unit, mainly because Giroux is a face off beast. Greig with Norris/Stu will probably be 2nd unit but I'd give the edge to Norris unless Stu's faceoff skills improve

Reactions: DrEasy

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Tkachuk-Stützle-Giroux
Greig-Norris-Batherson
Perron*-Pinto-Amadio
Gregor-Gaudette-Cousins
MacEwen

Sanderson-Zub
Chabot-Jensen
Kleven-Hamonic
JBD

Ullmark
Forsberg

*Perron can switch on the fly with Greig or Gregor as needed since he has missed camp/getting back from injury but I find him effective as a top-6 guy while Greig is versatile (Line 1 to Line 4 player). There are plenty of powerplay options between lines 1 and 3. This is a competitive team with the addition of Ullmark and all the changes Staios made. Playoffs? If they stay relatively healthy, I think FINALLY YES!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad