Rumor: Stars' Ben Bishop potentially close to return (Update: Career over)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Honestly, the Penguins need a good-quality backup. Khudobin may be a little spendy is Bishop but if you take Casey DeSmith and send him to the AHL, it could save you buried cap space and help everyone out. Not sure what the entire deal looks like but...possible?

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Honestly, the Penguins need a good-quality backup. Khudobin may be a little spendy is Bishop but if you take Casey DeSmith and send him to the AHL, it could save you buried cap space and help everyone out. Not sure what the entire deal looks like but...possible?

I think they'd prefer to take back a cheap D-man at worst. Khudobin and Sekera out, Oettinger down, replace Sekera with someone at half price.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
I think they'd prefer to take back a cheap D-man at worst. Khudobin and Sekera out, Oettinger down, replace Sekera with someone at half price.
If Oettinger goes down winning is not a priority for this team. He is the best goalie and the future starting goalie in Dallas. That future is now. Move Bishop if he is healthy. Move khudobin as well. Sending otter down cause of cap is a mistake.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
If Oettinger goes down winning is not a priority for this team. He is the best goalie and the future starting goalie in Dallas. That future is now. Move Bishop if he is healthy. Move khudobin as well. Sending otter down cause of cap is a mistake.
Bishop is still better than otter if he’s able to get back to where he was before he got injured . A bishop /oettenger combo would be ideal but the difference between otter and holtby in a backup position isn’t much and bishop / holtby combo is pretty good .

archangel2

May 19, 2019
Stars have a four headed monster?

upload_2021-12-6_18-17-41.jpeg

member 334057

Does sending Oettinger down and potentially trading Khudobin give them enough cap space to activate him if he ends up being ready or will they need to move more salary?

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Yep, sending Otter down would be even more puzzling now than it was when they did it earlier this season.

He's earned his spot in the lineup, and it irks me that Dallas is ignoring that in order to use his waiver exempt status against him.

Just to clean up a logjam that they created.

Trade Khudobin, or trade Bishop.

Hell, see if you can find two teams and trade both of 'em......I don't see them trading Holtby this early on.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
So, Stars fans, the obvious casualty has to be Khudobin, right? Holtby playing too well, Oettinger playing too well (plus he's the future), Bishop too pricey to move.

I'm curious what the rough price would be to land both Holtby or Khudobin, from an Eastern team badly in need of some backup/platoon insurance.

Reactions: Nogatco Rd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad